need some help

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

need some help

Post by adramalech707 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:13 pm
([msg=19773]see need some help[/msg])

okay so i had to buy this ebook.....it is in .pdf format with at least a ebx 40bit encryption on it...

and i have ran out of ideas of how to gain access to it...because i believe that this ebook is mine and just like if i bought a physical book should be able to keep it safe....well it comes with some strings attached...i cannot back it up or anything....so if my hard drive fails in my laptop i am done....no more ebook and the company will only allow me one hdd to download it to....and they won't give me the password that they have for the ebook i own....

so i am sick of dealing with these ppl i believe since i paid money for the stupid book i should be able to keep it safe and back it up and use it on any of my computers....

so this is a long story short....

i have used pdfcrack which told me that it cannot deal with the EBX encryption...and also tried to use pdf2ps to switch it to a .ps format then back to .pdf which would get rid of the password but it didn't work....

any help would be greatly appreciated....

i am using debian 5.0 "lenny"...

and i really want to do this because this goes against all i believe in.....the stupid company should atleast allow me to have the password or something....so i am left with hopefully getting a brute force attack on it....and just save the already tried passwords to a file so that way i can restart later and not have to leave my pc on all the time....

i am thinking it has the set of the alphabet a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and some ascii symbols, {}, [], -, _ , %, #
adramalech707
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: need some help

Post by nathandelane on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm
([msg=19825]see Re: need some help[/msg])

If you can print the eBook, then you can install a cups-pdf printer and print it to a new PDF, still you have the problem of opening it, and here is a link that may be of some help: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ux-404089/
Me, Nathandelane, Highly influential to Hackerdom, Premature Optimization=http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrematureOptimization
nathandelane
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Crypto