How to perform a Hybrid online attack?

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

How to perform a Hybrid online attack?

Post by RatkinHHK on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:32 pm
([msg=88509]see How to perform a Hybrid online attack?[/msg])

!!! This doesn't sound like the correct category, but neither do the others. If anyone has a better idea, please move the post then.

I understand how dictionary attacks and brute force attacks work. And as far as I get it if I know that the password contains the string "Foo" but might also contain other stuff like numbers, the best method is a hybrid attack.

But how do I perform an ON-LINE hybrid attack. I know about Hydra for online dictionary attacks and John the Ripper as far as I remember for OFF-LINE hybrid attacks. But how to combine the two?

Is there a program for this that I am unaware of?
Is there any way to do this?
Is there maybe a way to make software like John the Ripper to generate possible passwords in a hybrid manner and make it write those possibilities in a file, instead of checking them against a given Hashed Password, and then use the file for a dictionary attack?
Also, I know about Crunch, which can be used to generate all combinations while specifying length/charset, but there is no option to use a certain word..

Basically, I might know the password looks like: *WORD** [aWORD43 / sWORD88 / cWORD99 / aWORDqq / wWORDP9 etc..], and I want all those possibilities ready in a file for a dictionary attack.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." --- Winston Churchill
RatkinHHK
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Crypto