Linux help

Discuss the security implications of the various flavors of linux and unix

Linux help

Post by maxymohn on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:55 am
([msg=68332]see Linux help[/msg])

pls how can i install internet modem and media player on redhat enterprise linux 5.Am new to the O.S.
maxymohn
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New to Linux OS

Post by centip3de on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:25 pm
([msg=68349]see Re: New to Linux OS[/msg])

maxymohn wrote:pls how can i install internet modem and media player on redhat enterprise linux 5.Am new to the O.S.

How can you install an Internet modem to a computer? I think you are mistaken. You don't need to install an Internet modem to anything, all you need to do, is run an ethernet cord from it to your computer. Also, Redhat comes with a media player if I remember correctly. Finally, you really should have started another topic instead of just hijacking this dead one.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Linux help

Post by mShred on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:21 pm
([msg=68364]see Re: Linux help[/msg])

Moved.
Also, if you're trying to connect your computer to the desktop then you'll either need a working wireless card or an Ethernet cord like centip3de said. As for a media player, if you don't like the installed one you can use your app manager to get another one. I think redhat uses yum? Could be wrong there. Just too lazy to check.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to *nix