Running a Windows USB P&P WiMax card on Ubuntu 11.04

Discuss the security implications of the various flavors of linux and unix

Running a Windows USB P&P WiMax card on Ubuntu 11.04

Post by acevic on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 am
([msg=59680]see Running a Windows USB P&P WiMax card on Ubuntu 11.04[/msg])

I use a Greenpacket UH235 USB plug and play WiMax card to connect to the internet. The device uses a combination of its drivers and a connection software to function. Problem is, neither the manufacturer nor the ISP provide support for Linux. I am running Ubuntu 11.04 as a secondary OS. I can connect to the internet on a VM by connecting on Windows prior to running the VM. I was wondering if there was anyway I could use the drivers and the connectivity software on Ubuntu 11.04 natively through ndiswrapper and wine. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by acevic on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Running a Windows USB P&P WiMax card on Ubuntu 11.04

Post by mShred on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:39 am
([msg=59685]see Re: Running a Windows USB P&P WiMax card on Ubuntu 11.04[/msg])

acevic wrote:I use a Greenpacket UH235 USB plug and play WiMax card to connect to the internet. The device uses a combination of its drivers and a connection software to function. Problem is, the neither the manufacturer nor the ISP provide support for Linux. I am running Ubuntu 11.04 as a secondary OS. I can connect to the internet on a VM by connecting on Windows prior to running the VM. I was wondering if there was anyway I could use the drivers and the connectivity software on Ubuntu 11.04 natively through ndiswrapper and wine. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same kinda problem a little while earlier. I did not find a good solution due to the fact that i didn't take the time.
I was going to use try ndiswrapper and see where that got me and all the good stuff. Or try make installing it from scratch. Post back here with any luck if you are successful.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to *nix