What version of Windows is the Worst?

The ubiquitous operating system, discussion of its (many) flaws, and how to mitigate the risks of those flaws

What version of Windows is the Worst?

Windows DOS
3%
Windows 95
4%
Windows 98
3%
Windows 2000
No votes
Windows ME
39%
Windows NT
2%
Windows XP
1%
Windows Vista
48%

Total votes : 96

Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?

Post by nosidius on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:39 am
([msg=10915]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

if every virus programmer (or at least same number as windows buggers) starting programming theirs for mac it would have the same problem as windows >.>, so, i think we can safely say mac ISN'T better, and if you think it is get the mac on a stick and still run a windows
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by TobiasGray on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 pm
([msg=10923]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

nosidius wrote:if every virus programmer (or at least same number as windows buggers) starting programming theirs for mac it would have the same problem as windows >.>, so, i think we can safely say mac ISN'T better, and if you think it is get the mac on a stick and still run a windows

Thing is, as windows control a majority of the market, there's no real point in making a virus for a mac. Macs are used primarily in graphic design, and art and music and the such. Who would benefit from stopping creative processes such as this? Most commercial applications, banks and government bodies etc. use Windows or Linux systems, because they will do what they do and not much else, and it will be good at that. Most Windows setups are inexpensive, and more easily penetrated, Macs are just Linux with bells on (I can say this, I have macs and I love them to bits, but I'm not going to bulls*** you from my diminutive 'high-horse' of computing, because I'm not that kind of guy).

Why are we even discussing Macs, anyway. This is a Windows forum?

Let us not fight, brothers, for we are but one, for the same cause. Now grow up.
"This is the worst day of my life."

"Correction, the worst day of your life so far"

- Homer Simpson
TobiasGray
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:42 pm
([msg=10940]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

we were talking as far as the security, and it's true, no one bothers with mac, and linux is not stupidity friendly however, so people are smarter when using it......... making virus's harder >.>

however, yes, we should stop
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by fly3rbug on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm
([msg=11155]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

TobiasGray wrote:However there is undoubtedly no worse OS than Windows ME. I had this on my second ever PC, and to be brutally honest, it just wasn't ready. Windows just pushed what was basically a beta XP before the turn of the century for the extra marketing hype, and it just didn't work.

Windows ME was not a beta XP. In fact Windows ME was the last Windows that used the DOS Kernel.
Windows XP has a NT kernel. When they made ME a different project team was already working on a new OS. This project team completely rewrote the entire OS. So under the skin of XP lies a completely different OS.

However i do agree. ME is with no doubt the worst WIN OS, and XP is still the best Microsoft product ever made and will make for a while.
fly3rbug
New User
New User

Post by fly3rbug on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:55 pm
([msg=11156]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

nosidius wrote:if every virus programmer (or at least same number as windows buggers) starting programming theirs for mac it would have the same problem as windows >.>, so, i think we can safely say mac ISN'T better, and if you think it is get the mac on a stick and still run a windows

Thats not true. It is much easier to program a virus for windows than for mac. This is because the mac security system just douse not allow programs to run on there own with system rights. So writing a virus is possible for a mac however when it gets on the mac it just can not do anything to the system. All it can do is access itself.

There are however a few exeptions when programmers used a exploit that gave them access to the system, however the way mac was build usually prevents system access to programs. This is something Microsoft only learned recently when they programmed Vista.

Thats why Vista now always askes the user if you wanna give a program system access.
fly3rbug
New User
New User

Post by TobiasGray on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:11 pm
([msg=11161]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

fly3rbug wrote:
TobiasGray wrote:However there is undoubtedly no worse OS than Windows ME. I had this on my second ever PC, and to be brutally honest, it just wasn't ready. Windows just pushed what was basically a beta XP before the turn of the century for the extra marketing hype, and it just didn't work.

Windows ME was not a beta XP. In fact Windows ME was the last Windows that used the DOS Kernel.
Windows XP has a NT kernel. When they made ME a different project team was already working on a new OS. This project team completely rewrote the entire OS. So under the skin of XP lies a completely different OS.

However i do agree. ME is with no doubt the worst WIN OS, and XP is still the best Microsoft product ever made and will make for a while.

Sorry, I wrote that quite translucently; I didn't mean it was a beta version of XP, I meant that it felt like one. One that they pushed for the millennium release. Sorry.
"This is the worst day of my life."

"Correction, the worst day of your life so far"

- Homer Simpson
TobiasGray
New User
New User

Post by SexyHacker_101 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:16 pm
([msg=11175]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

am working with vista now and i totally hate it because its just a bunch of crap...
SexyHacker_101
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:00 am
([msg=11198]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

Why is it a bunch of crap?
Personally I think it's alright, not the best but certainly not the worst. I like to have reasons before I bash an O/S and I certainly don't do it because it is mainstream or popular. So what are your reasons?
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by SexyHacker_101 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm
([msg=11209]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

mainstream or popular lol there aren't a lot of people over here u really knows computers...i have only had my laptop for a week and it has been having moments.. my explore freaking out every time i click the help for in the help and support.( i haven't don't anything to it yet) When i download yahoo it became a problem with my explore. Most of the things on here don't really function right its be freaking out.
SexyHacker_101
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:18 pm
([msg=11228]see Re: What version of Windows is the Worst?[/msg])

vista has been made to need a lot of new side programming to make it compatible, where as you can run a 98 prog off of XP if you switch it to compatibility mode, can't exactly say the same for vista..........

and if people were really intent on yes, macs would go bye bye (at least until they could patch all the exploits, which would leave new back doors open!)

i also noticed no one debated me on the linux comment...............
nosidius
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft Windows