Directory Listing Denied

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Directory Listing Denied

Post by kotapaka on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am
([msg=65815]see Directory Listing Denied[/msg])

I have this lecturer at my university who didn't release his notes in pdf format. All others did but he didn't. I can't seem to find my paper copy and I believe I might have accidentally muddled it with the scrap paper and thrown it out.

He's away at the moment (I think he's visiting another university for a couple of months). As usual I can get any file as long as I have the name. I can't run a dictionary because the name can be any combination (or lack thereof) of the current year, course number and then some words (or abbreviations). I've looked online and from what I see there's really nothing I can do, is there?

PS: I've emailed him but I'd like to know if I can get them myself.
kotapaka
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Directory Listing Denied

Post by tremor77 on Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 pm
([msg=66689]see Re: Directory Listing Denied[/msg])

I know this question is over a month old but i like to see unanswered topics resolved... my suggestion would be to try using Google search on the domain and directory to see if it pulls any results... there are ways to make google look for specific file types, but since this is a learning/teaching forums... you'll have to figure that one out for yourself.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm
([msg=66691]see Re: Directory Listing Denied[/msg])

@OP Or if you lost your paper copy, I don't see why you wouldn't attempt to retrieve a copy from someone else that was at the lecture?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by tremor77 on Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 am
([msg=66713]see Re: Directory Listing Denied[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:@OP Or if you lost your paper copy, I don't see why you wouldn't attempt to retrieve a copy from someone else that was at the lecture?

Because he's not really after what he says he's after and came up with a clever story as a reason to learn how to bypass directory listing security?
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 am
([msg=66719]see Re: Directory Listing Denied[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:
LoGiCaL__ wrote:@OP Or if you lost your paper copy, I don't see why you wouldn't attempt to retrieve a copy from someone else that was at the lecture?

Because he's not really after what he says he's after and came up with a clever story as a reason to learn how to bypass directory listing security?

Not sure. There is some extra details in there that make it seem almost to thought out. I was just throwing that idea out there as it seems like it may have been something the OP might have over looked. Why do extra work if it's not needed?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to Networking