Newbie needs hack help

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Newbie needs hack help

Post by Crabman84 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm
([msg=62745]see Newbie needs hack help[/msg])

I am currently in a class that the instructor said "if you can tell me my User name and password you get an A and don't need to take the test." Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? he has a basic LAN network setup with no Internet connectivity all computers on the network are clients and he is the administrator. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Crabman84
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Newbie needs hack help

Post by limdis on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:11 pm
([msg=62746]see Re: Newbie needs hack help[/msg])

Need some validity first. What class is this? Also, what's the test over if you were to take it? How long do you have to figure it out? Also going to need to know other important things. Do you happen to know the server, is it a ghosted image, what are the OSs is use? A challenge like this in a class room you are likely going to know defensive measures put in place as well. All that we are going to need to know. Do you have access to a share drive?

In the event you don't respond. My very first guesses would utilize some SEing. His interests he has discussed in class (like sports teams) or if he ever mentioned his kids, etc. Or has he left clues throughout the day for such a challenge.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 pm
([msg=62747]see Re: Newbie needs hack help[/msg])

1. What are the credentials used to log into? You just said username and password, but for what?

2. You may want to prioritize your time on this one. For instance, if you spend to much time and get no where cut your losses and start studying for the test.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by ghost107 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:51 pm
([msg=62748]see Re: Newbie needs hack help[/msg])

Yes, you should study for that test, if you want to get a good grade, in real life there is no easy way, we all achieve this by studying.
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Return to Networking