help : reverse connection behind router

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

help : reverse connection behind router

Post by _32_maheffa on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:50 pm
([msg=58756]see help : reverse connection behind router[/msg])

Hello everyone
I have a huge problem. I want to use reverse connection over internet but my ISP use router (or nat i don't know exactly).
I know that it's possible to reverse connection by configuring router and set a port forwarding , but the problem is that , my isp is my university , i'm just a little student , so it's difficult for them to let me do something with "their" network.
Is there a possibility to anyway accomplish a reverse connection ? (through internet ?)
Thanks a lot for helping :)

A detail : before i have a connection , i have to connect to my university's vpn. So i use the ppp0 interface for connection (i saw it by using netstat)
_32_maheffa
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: help : reverse connection behind router

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm
([msg=58758]see Re: help : reverse connection behind router[/msg])

First thing that comes to mind is that your Uni is going to be very restrictive and the only method I can think of is to imitate Utorrent's web GUI doohicky which can somehow bypass general port forwarding rules (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong).

What are you attempting to get forwarded? Where are you expecting an inbound connection from?

If your ultimate plan is a web server accessible from outside the network, my doubts of this working are high. If you are attempting a remote desktop I would highly suggest TeamViewer. :)

Good luck.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by _32_maheffa on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm
([msg=58785]see Re: help : reverse connection behind router[/msg])

HI fashizzlepop !!!
Thanks for answering ! first , what is a Utorrent's web GUI doohicky ?
Then I just want an Inbound connection from outside of the LAN , I want to make a kind of little server. And want to allow other people to connect through ssh to my computer too.

But if TeamViewer would allow my computer to be shared and controled by another people, how can they do that ? (I didnt test it yet ).
_32_maheffa
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 am
([msg=58827]see Re: help : reverse connection behind router[/msg])

TeamViewer sounds like your only option. The Uni will block your SSH idea.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to Networking