how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?

Post by pranav2794 on Thu May 19, 2011 7:59 am
([msg=57554]see how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?[/msg])

Is there anything by which I can broadcast a packet or multicast it to the destination IPs.
Eg: I am having friends whos IP i know, and now I want to send a packet , a program embedded in it to those IP addresses by multicasting.

Also if I want to broadcast a heavy packet I think it will generate a whole lot of traffic, so it will be good for exploiters.
About 10 broadcasts of a heavy packet will flood the wires with just one thing and too much of traffic.
Am I true ? am i thinking right ?

-- Thu May 19, 2011 8:42 am --

hey everyone just view the post, no one comments, plzzzzzzz do come here some advanced network master, where are you all ?
pranav2794
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?

Post by Goatboy on Thu May 19, 2011 3:05 pm
([msg=57566]see Re: how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?[/msg])

Just because someone hasn't replied to your thread in the two hours since you posted it, doesn't mean you need to bump it.

Broadcast and multicast are terms that are generally used when referring to your local network. Outside of your local network, the only way to do this is to manually specify which IP to send to. And if you are trying to DoS someone with a lot of packets, good luck. You would have to have much more bandwidth and be sending a ton of packets to do any actual damage.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by MDYarma on Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 am
([msg=57655]see Re: how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Just because someone hasn't replied to your thread in the two hours since you posted it, doesn't mean you need to bump it.

How about 4 days? I'd like to know someone else's opinion, not only r-ID's (which, I'm grateful to have but I didn't completely understand ^^'''' ).

Sorry for the thread hijacking.

Hmm... now I should say something on topic.....

Eh, yeah, well; if it's on the local network you can look with ipconfig/ifconfig for the broadcast "direction", I assume.
If not... well, no idea.

pranav2794 wrote:plzzzzzzz do come here some advanced network master, where are you all ?

Oh. Hmm... no, I'm not that. Sorry ^^''
MDYarma
New User
New User

Post by pranav2794 on Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 am
([msg=57908]see Re: how to multicast or broadcast a packet ?[/msg])

@goatboy : sorry if i was too forward about asking for expert help, won't do again . !

regarding the question, thnx......for the help
pranav2794
New User
New User

Return to Networking