Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?

Post by TheSavageSquid on Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 pm
([msg=57190]see Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?[/msg])

My friend has a minecraft server, and to connect, you need the IP + the port its on. I know I can get in to his computer via IP and an open port, and I was planning on being mischievous and pulling pranks (not damaging pranks, just annoying ones). My question is that is it possible to hack his computer through that port, despite it being open only for minecraft?
TheSavageSquid
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?

Post by r-ID on Mon May 09, 2011 6:30 pm
([msg=57191]see Re: Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?[/msg])

yes it is, use this: dwopdwejfpowvjborsjbv;ajklakakbppori[pl;v,s;lem'akdeoijbbjlrgmlr
r-ID
Poster
Poster

Post by mutantsrus on Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm
([msg=57193]see Re: Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?[/msg])

Well, to not answer your question like the person above me, I can say this: Generally, if an application runs from someone's comp via a certain port, that port is only vulnerable if the said application is vulnerable. In other words, if you want to get into his comp, you'll have to exploit minecraft itself. I don't play minecraft, so I have no idea if there's a vulnerability in it, but seeing as it is wildly popular now, I doubt it. If there is one, it's either been fixed now, or has yet to be found. So either find it yourself or google and hope that there's a hole that hasn't been patched. That's about all you can do regarding that.
mutantsrus
New User
New User

Post by Reason7194 on Tue May 10, 2011 10:07 am
([msg=57236]see Re: Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?[/msg])

I don't play minecraft

How..can you not play...
I study Gotafu.
Reason7194
Poster
Poster

Post by mutantsrus on Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 am
([msg=57242]see Re: Possible Hack Through Open Port for MineCraft Server?[/msg])

I'm sure it's a fun game, but like Wow, I don't play it because if I did I might forget to eat/bathe/breathe/etc...
mutantsrus
New User
New User

Return to Networking