The Value of IP Adresses

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Re: The Value of IP Adresses

Post by RevengeDriven on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:18 pm
([msg=55664]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

When you say:
and throw around buzz-words like candy,
you are admitting that you have no fucking clue what I am talking about. That statement is usually uttered when someone is at a loss for words because they have no fucking idea what is being talked about.

Yes I misspoke when I said 'decode' instead of 'decrypt' a passfile. You have me on that point I must admit.

I'm going to break down this whole i.p. is so useful bullshit. The o.p asked this:

I've seen that many people believe that if you get someone's IP address, you can do a lot of harm to them. Some people claim to be able to remotely control other computers through their public IP Address.

There were people giving all kinds of bullshit wild answers and stabs in the dark by people that want other people on this forum to think they are a God. The long and short answer to his question is NO....with the exception of two variables which I outlined waaay back on page fucking 1. I posted the correct answer to the o.p's question back on page 1 and you have tried at every attempt to be an asshole and for what reason I can't really determine.

1) If you download something from someone YES they can get control of your computer.

2) If you are running a vulnerable application on your computer YES someone can find a way in and control your computer.

You now have two pages of bullshit mainly you trying to talk down to me and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. Case closed. End of discussion. I'm fucking out of here.....
RevengeDriven
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Goatboy on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:29 pm
([msg=55665]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

RevengeDriven wrote:When you say:
you are admitting that you have no fucking clue what I am talking about.

No. When I say "I have no fucking clue what you are talking about," then I have no fucking clue what you are talking about. In this context, I was commenting on the fact that you tried to stuff as many terms as you could into a small a space as possible to appear like you were intelligent.

RevengeDriven wrote:I posted the correct answer to the o.p's question back on page 1 and you have tried at every attempt to be an asshole and for what reason I can't really determine.

Actually, you posted a narrow-minded, closed-off opinion about the usefulness of an IP address. I then corrected you, providing specific instances where one could be used to glean information, as well as stating that most attacks rely on having your victim's IP (hence the taxi and phone call analogies).

RevengeDriven wrote:I'm fucking out of here.....

Thank god.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by pretentious on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 pm
([msg=55667]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Its not possible at all to take control of a computer with just an i.p.

RevengeDriven wrote:There was no need for 6 posts from mother fuckers trying to say you can hack a computer with just an i.p.

Both those quotes were in the same post :? I must have read it wrong.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Goatboy on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:19 am
([msg=55669]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

I didn't write that first one. That was me quoting him.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by RevengeDriven on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 am
([msg=55676]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
RevengeDriven wrote:When you say:
you are admitting that you have no fucking clue what I am talking about.

No. When I say "I have no fucking clue what you are talking about," then I have no fucking clue what you are talking about. In this context, I was commenting on the fact that you tried to stuff as many terms as you could into a small a space as possible to appear like you were intelligent.

RevengeDriven wrote:I posted the correct answer to the o.p's question back on page 1 and you have tried at every attempt to be an asshole and for what reason I can't really determine.

Actually, you posted a narrow-minded, closed-off opinion about the usefulness of an IP address. I then corrected you, providing specific instances where one could be used to glean information, as well as stating that most attacks rely on having your victim's IP (hence the taxi and phone call analogies).

RevengeDriven wrote:I'm fucking out of here.....

Thank god.

Did you ride the short bus when you were a kid? There was no need to 'correct' me. I posted two venues that would lead to someone taking control of a computer. You on the other hand posted nothing. So you posting some 'logs' was specific instances huh? Is that what you are going to bring to the table?

3 pages of non sense when in actuality you are pissed because I posted rebuttal to your quote:
Knowing an IP does you tons of good.
Which is correct....without the i.p. you can't do shit. Lets clear that up 'cause apparently you have smoked too much in your lifetime. But with an i.p. the two main things that must be present to perform a hack are:

1) If you download something from someone YES they can get control of your computer.

2) If you are running a vulnerable application on your computer YES someone can find a way in and control your computer.

Now I'm only working with a high school education here so maybe you can spell out the other 'instances' that an i.p. is soooooo useful? All I see is you wanting a moot point that we both agree on that you need an i.p. to hack someone but that an i.p. alone is not sufficient....you need other skills.

And don't tell me you are going to 'social engineer' me and find out that I had Mr. Smith as a 3rd grade teacher....'cause thats not hacking.
RevengeDriven
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:44 am
([msg=55679]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

RevengeDriven wrote:And don't tell me you are going to 'social engineer' me and find out that I had Mr. Smith as a 3rd grade teacher....'cause thats not hacking.

While we're defining hacking, Where did you get access to those programs of yours? I've been looking everywhere. If you can't help me out, i understand completely. I'll just have to stick with sub7
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RevengeDriven on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:29 am
([msg=55683]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

pretentious wrote:
RevengeDriven wrote:And don't tell me you are going to 'social engineer' me and find out that I had Mr. Smith as a 3rd grade teacher....'cause thats not hacking.

While we're defining hacking, Where did you get access to those programs of yours? I've been looking everywhere. If you can't help me out, i understand completely. I'll just have to stick with sub7

Well why not fire up sub7 and take 'em. They are all in a folder on my desktop labeled....ah hell you can find 'em....RIGHT????? ROFLMAO

LOL@sub7

Code: Select all
http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/hackertools/a/aa032603a_2.htm

Some of the "1337 h4x0rz" (elite hackers in "hacker-speak") frown upon Sub7 as a tool for novices and script-kiddies. That doesn't stop this utility from being a useful tool for hackers and a threat to you- it just means that the hacker using it will get no respect from you OR the 1337 h4x0rz.
RevengeDriven
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 am
([msg=55686]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

So what happened to
RevengeDriven wrote:End of discussion. I'm fucking out of here.....

Idiot of the Year contender?

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by RevengeDriven on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm
([msg=55691]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

mShred wrote:So what happened to
RevengeDriven wrote:End of discussion. I'm fucking out of here.....

Idiot of the Year contender?

That meant that I was out of here for the night and I HOPED it was the end of discussion for you dumb asses.

Which btw who the fuck are you anyways? You can't even use Tamper Data you incompetent nitwit.

I have to shrink it to be able to see the "Start Tamper" option. Does that make any sense? You're probably having the same problem as me.
RevengeDriven
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:23 pm
([msg=55729]see Re: The Value of IP Adresses[/msg])

RevengeDriven wrote:
pretentious wrote:

Well why not fire up sub7 and take 'em. They are all in a folder on my desktop labeled....ah hell you can find 'em....RIGHT????? ROFLMAO

LOL@sub7

Code: Select all
http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/hackertools/a/aa032603a_2.htm

Some of the "1337 h4x0rz" (elite hackers in "hacker-speak") frown upon Sub7 as a tool for novices and script-kiddies. That doesn't stop this utility from being a useful tool for hackers and a threat to you- it just means that the hacker using it will get no respect from you OR the 1337 h4x0rz.

I suppose i was a little too subtle lol
There is virtually no doubt in my mind that RevengeDriven is a troll.

pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Networking