Help beating my bro in a network race!

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Re: Help beating my bro in a network race!

Post by thetan on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 pm
([msg=49533]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

Oh how the kids have erased all the science from computer science :(
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by tgoe on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:15 pm
([msg=49609]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

Oh how the kids have erased all the science from computer science

I'm not a computer scientist by any means... but I find shit like this hilarious:

@OP
Unplug him from the network. When he boots into safe mode, IIRC, the background is plain black. :)
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msbachman on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 pm
([msg=49611]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

Tgoe's post got me thinking of some more devious ideas:

1) Open his case and add a totally blank hard drive.
2) Go into his BIOS, change the boot order to boot into some f-ed up linux distro with scripts ran at startup to make the screen flicker, music to play repetitively, etc.
3) Set bios password so even if he thinks to try to change the boot order back, he'll have to think about how to do it.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by insomaniacal on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 pm
([msg=49615]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

msbachman wrote:Tgoe's post got me thinking of some more devious ideas:

1) Open his case and add a totally blank hard drive.
2) Go into his BIOS, change the boot order to boot into some f-ed up linux distro with scripts ran at startup to make the screen flicker, music to play repetitively, etc.
3) Set bios password so even if he thinks to try to change the boot order back, he'll have to think about how to do it.

I'm rather fond of #2, that wouldn't even be really difficult to do. Having it flash "You've been pwned" while it's flickering would add to the lulz.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Goatboy on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 am
([msg=49646]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

As long as we're all off-topic here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/xtmb/goatsefloppy/

/thread
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by centip3de on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm
([msg=49850]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Pandana, let me just say that you're the type of person I hate most on this site. More than the people trying to sell things. More then the people coming in here blatantly asking us to break into Facebook accounts. More than every idiot claiming to be a badass on the Internet. Why?

Because I gave you a legit answer. I took a leap of faith and assumed that you really wanted to learn, and not just try to play Neo. I took it upon myself to steer you away from a road that would undoubtedly end in frustration and failure, and towards a road that will open your mind to new ideas. I did all this because I have been there, and I know what will come of it. And what do I get?

"thank you this was some of the help i was looking for...instead of telling me to use Google ..."

Had you bothered to understand my post, you would realize that I didn't just say "Google it" and move on. I gave you advice that I have given others before, and they have thanked me for it later. I could have flamed the hell out of you, but I decided to take the high road and help you out in the long run. And in return I get a snarky remark.

So there you have it. You've gotten your answers here, now go do it.

Agreed. Pandana, listen to the Goat. He has both flamed the hell out of me, and helped me every step of the way. The reason I do the things I do, is to shove it in his face and show him I'm not as big as a noob as he thinks I am (Sanddy helps with this also). But because he has, I've never been so interested in computers (also oddly enough trolling and grammer :? ). But anywho, don't pass him off as nothing, 'cause he gave you the best advice ever given. Everything else is on you.

This is also a thank you to all the HTS staff and users who helped me get where I am today(a little bit less of a noob than I was when I came here, but a noob non-the-less :D )
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Fatal Intuiti0n on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 am
([msg=52672]see Re: Help beating my bro in a network race![/msg])

http://www.fastandeasyhacking.com/download

metasploit gui that works in windows and linux, if you cant even figure out how the gui works i would advise more research into the subject before you issue a challenge :lol:

and who doesnt know how to reset their bios? you just move a jumper lol
Fatal Intuiti0n
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Networking