hacking a server

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

hacking a server

Post by ahmed_bodi on Fri May 07, 2010 11:35 am
([msg=38422]see hacking a server[/msg])

me and my friend are trying to see i i can hack into his web server and see all the files on the server.
to do this i know that i will need to decode the libraries to view his files. then i need to upload a file stating that i have hacked into his server. i need to get a username and password to get into his server which obviously he will not tell me.

i would like some help on what to use and how.
ty in advance

ps. im not doing anyy illegal activity cause he asked me to do it as hes unable to access his server. :D
ahmed_bodi
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: hacking a server

Post by cilpolir on Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm
([msg=38424]see Re: hacking a server[/msg])

ahmed_bodi wrote:me and my friend are trying to see i i can hack into his web server and see all the files on the server.
to do this i know that i will need to decode the libraries to view his files. then i need to upload a file stating that i have hacked into his server. i need to get a username and password to get into his server which obviously he will not tell me.

ty in advance

ps. im not doing anyy illegal activity cause he asked me to do it as hes unable to access his server. :D

why don't you just tell him that you hacked it? He isn't able to acces his server, so he isn't able to tell if you're lying or not :P
For getting into the server, check the header to see what kind of OS he is running and look at milw0rm to see if it's fulnerable. You can always bruteforce it, but this takes a long(probably years) time
cilpolir
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Fri May 07, 2010 6:27 pm
([msg=38432]see Re: hacking a server[/msg])

cilpolir wrote:
ahmed_bodi wrote:me and my friend are trying to see i i can hack into his web server and see all the files on the server.

ty in advance

why don't you just tell him that you hacked it? He isn't able to acces his server, so he isn't able to tell if you're lying or not :P
For getting into the server, check the header to see what kind of OS he is running and look at milw0rm to see if it's fulnerable. You can always bruteforce it, but this takes a long(probably years) time

Yeah. To add on to what he said, if it's fulnerable then find a fexploit and run it. Once you have root faccess, you can do whatever you want.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by tremor77 on Fri May 07, 2010 8:28 pm
([msg=38435]see Re: hacking a server[/msg])

Your friend has a web server and doesn't remember his password?

a- If he has an actual, real web server, that's generally not the kind of thing one forgets a password to, your friend should get out of the web server business.

b- Is his web server remote located at a facility? He can contact tech support and get it reset... they are generally pretty good about that stuff.

c- If it's in his basement or garage, well.. i actually had a linux box running once for so long i didnt use it, i forgot root pwd.. luckily i had user accounts setup, logged in.. cat etc/passwd et al... otherwise, format the bitch and start over.

d- you don't really have 'a friend' with a web server do you?
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ahmed_bodi on Sat May 08, 2010 5:51 am
([msg=38443]see Re: hacking a server[/msg])

the serve is in poland but his computer cant get access to it . so he wants to see if i can

-- Sat May 08, 2010 10:53 am --

the address is *EDITED OUT BY THETAN*. yes i know its in polish i know its blank. he wants to see if i can get into it. so then if i can its a problem with his computer.
ahmed_bodi
New User
New User

Post by thetan on Sat May 08, 2010 9:01 am
([msg=38449]see Re: hacking a server[/msg])

Really ......

-_-

Lockage.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Networking