Keeping control of your network

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Re: Keeping control of your network

Post by DamegedSpy on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:12 pm
([msg=37346]see Re: Keeping control of your network[/msg])

@nermd: Thats basically the Upsides Down Ternet
Mac based. Redirect all traffic to the kittennet! Or the blurnet or anything you want!

For the bandwidth explain them what is a "monthly transfer" and that each page have "weight". Tell them that is everyones responsibility to stay bellow the cap. If they don't listen feel free to cap them down to a bandwidth that will last all month(If you got 100 GB/month are you are 4 then 100/4=25 GB/Month. That means: 25/(60(sec)*60(min)*24(hrs)*7(days)*4(weeks)) that should be around 108 KBps. Also I don't know if it is supported you ca set everyone a monthly cap! If you get from the ISP 100 GB month then you could give everyone 25 GB/month.
<!-- This is were I get with crazy complex solutions. I will stop now. :P -->
DamegedSpy
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Keeping control of your network

Post by TheNightFox on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 am
([msg=37603]see Re: Keeping control of your network[/msg])

Thanks for the help. I'm in the process of setting up a server computer, mainly to allow printer sharing and file sharing, but I'm going to do some of this stuff once that's done.
The problem with explaining this sort of thing is that unless it's actually going to harm them, they don't care.
We're changing ISP, though, to one that won't charge more if we cap.
Personally, I think the data cap for each computer would work best. Set it in such a way that certain computers get so much, and any other computers (i.e unwanted connections) get none. That way if she screws up once and goes over, she'll know not to in future.
He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.
TheNightFox
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Networking