network acces

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

network acces

Post by sraynh on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:53 pm
([msg=35035]see network acces[/msg])

can someone please tell which programs should i use and how to use them to gain access into a wireless network or maybe how to know the password for that network since we get a password field whenever i try to connect to that network . is it possible or maybe never!!
sraynh
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: network acces

Post by sanddbox on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:18 pm
([msg=35039]see Re: network acces[/msg])

WEP and WPA encryption are crackable. However, because you obviously plan to use this information to break the law, I won't go into more detail.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thetan on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:51 pm
([msg=35049]see Re: network acces[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:WEP and WPA encryption are crackable. However, because you obviously plan to use this information to break the law, I won't go into more detail.

/me LULZ'd hella hard when he read this!!!!!!

On a more useful note: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/
^^ read, study, experiment, have fun, drink beer, wake up in a gutter naked, repeat
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by insomaniacal on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:07 pm
([msg=35063]see Re: network acces[/msg])

It doesn't matter what you use the information for... that's like saying a school should be sued if a student decides he hates it and blows it up because it caused him anxiety.

True, we don't support fully illegal activities (we won't sell you credit card numbers), but I'm pretty sure any topic concerning technology is fully legitimate (We'll discuss credit-card related security with no problem).
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by sanddbox on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:27 am
([msg=35066]see Re: network acces[/msg])

The thing is that he didn't ask about wireless password encryption or anything liked it. He asked how to get into password-protected networks.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thetan on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:32 pm
([msg=35078]see Re: network acces[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:True, we don't support fully illegal activities (we won't sell you credit card numbers), but I'm pretty sure any topic concerning technology is fully legitimate (We'll discuss credit-card related security with no problem).

/me bites tongue really hard holding back comments on the history of HTS.

sanddbox wrote:The thing is that he didn't ask about wireless password encryption or anything liked it. He asked how to get into password-protected networks.

so?
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by insomaniacal on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:28 pm
([msg=35089]see Re: network acces[/msg])

I'm assuming you mean the Protest Warrior case? Haha, I wasn't even thinking about that when I wrote the post xD.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Obi Don Juan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm
([msg=35657]see Re: network acces[/msg])

If people can't have information that they may or may not use for illegal activities then what kinda fucked up store do I go to purchase 2600 magazine and sell.... BONGS!?
Digression Di*gres"sion, n. [L. digressio: cf. F. digression.]
1. The act of digressing or deviating, esp. from the main
subject of a discourse; hence, a part of a discourse
deviating from its main design or subject.
Obi Don Juan
New User
New User

Post by bartuuin on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:05 pm
([msg=36694]see Re: network acces[/msg])

Ill give you some advice although I will not answer one of your questions directly and the other i wont answer.First my recommendation is study wep and wpa heavily and the look up the software yourself.The answers you seek are widely available throughout the internet.You got to figure out what to search for.
bartuuin
New User
New User

Post by acantho on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:58 pm
([msg=38119]see Re: network acces[/msg])

About a month ago I did not have a clue about accessing protected networks, but as somebody suggested above, I read about it, downloaded some software and "played about with it"

I can now access WEP networks using a combination of two progs, one to collect data packets the other to analyse the algorithm. I dont do this to be destructive or cause problems I do it because I can now, I just get a buzz out of knowing I can access someone elses protected network.

Its easy to do and requires no real skill at all, just a bit of common sense, patience and some trial and error.

What it has done however is enlighten me as to how unsecure WiFi networks are and how to protect my own network better. Education is a wonderful thing and you find out more and acctually learn stuff by doing it yourself, having said that I'm stuck on basic problem number 6, no I'm not asing for help and I can get the hints from the relevant forum.
acantho
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to Networking