DyKnow Hack

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

DyKnow Hack

Post by Lordofmylife on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:36 pm
([msg=13030]see DyKnow Hack[/msg])

Well, my school has locked our laptops up tight... They can use DyKnow (a program that connects our laptops to the server so they can monitor) to look at what we are doing.

I was wondering if anyone has played around with this, or can play around with it, if it is possible to create a screenshot of the current conditions and then emulate it to DyKnow so it looks like you are doing nothing but you are going onto non-school related sites, playing games... They've looked us out of a few things and I'll tell ya the main:

Right-Click
Command Prompt (I can use QBasic45's BIOS though)
Task Manager
They use 8e6 Enterprise Internet Filtering
I cannot install any programs (but I might be able to run them off a U3 Flash Drive)

Please Help!!! Im not doing anything ILLEGAL... Just trying to have fun during.. history!!!!!!!.
Lordofmylife
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: DyKnow Hack

Post by Tekk12 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm
([msg=34408]see Re: DyKnow Hack[/msg])

Sorry for the horrendous gravedig but it's always good to bring some activity...

Anyway, my school uses DyKnow too and I hate being monitored.
So, I wrote an app to send whatever screenshot you want to the DyKnow Monitor server instead of what's on your screen. It also disables the application blocking.

It's written in Java, virus scan it all you want, there is nothing malicious about it.

site: http://dyeknow.com/

screenshot:

have fun, post if you like it.
Tekk
Tekk12
New User
New User

Post by MrAdaam on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:40 pm
([msg=34871]see Re: DyKnow Hack[/msg])

We had something like that on our computers at our college. A simple fix would just be to unplug your network cable or turn off the wi-fi, dependant on connection.
The things we wanted to do/see would then be brought in on a USB stick for instance and accessed off of there.

Quick, simple and easy fix.
MrAdaam
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:02 pm
([msg=34873]see Re: DyKnow Hack[/msg])

-- Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:02 pm --

Should have started a new topic on it instead of necro one that's nearly 1 1/2 years old. :?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Return to Networking