OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Re: OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate

Post by limdis on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 pm
([msg=70926]see Re: OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate[/msg])

not_essence2 wrote:Make an announcement for this topic then.

Nah I don't want to do that considering it's on our own time and not specifically HTS related.

Amazingred wrote:Let me look into it a bit and this would definitely be something that i could do...

Sure thing
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 am
([msg=75512]see Re: OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate[/msg])

This finally came in.
limdis

Post by lucky 0xD on Thu May 09, 2013 10:49 am
([msg=75513]see Re: OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate[/msg])

What did you think of the course then Limdis? worth doing? value for money? did you spend much time out of your normal day to do it?
lucky 0xD
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 am
([msg=75516]see Re: OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate[/msg])

lucky 0xD wrote:What did you think of the course then Limdis? worth doing? value for money? did you spend much time out of your normal day to do it?

I started learning about wireless security way before I signed up for the course. But I spent a considerable amount of time going over the material. I spent entire days doing nothing but hacking my home network. There is a lot of information that is covered that isn't "needed" to pass the exam but if you put the time into it you really get a great grasp of what is going on. Research anything you don't fully understand. If you (or anyone) decide to take it, experiment with what you are learning. I picked up on a lot of stuff that wasn't covered at all and probably wouldn't have had I not taken the course. The course ends teasing you some very advanced stuff that if you wish to continue learning on your own it gives you a bit of direction to take things to the next level.

Overall, glad I did it. The cost wasn't bad. I was able to work at my own pace and highly enjoyed the material. The exam was by far one of the most exciting tests I have ever taken and would love to do it again.
limdis

Post by brutal_hacker on Thu May 09, 2013 5:40 pm
([msg=75518]see Re: OSWP Wireless Penetration Certificate[/msg])

To anyone considering following a route into pen testing this is pretty much a great foot in the door a must for most new comers. Majority of all company's are resorting to wireless connections as prices for software and hardware dramatically drop and security increases. If only I had enough G to take the exam.That's the only problem with certs take a few and your soon looking at alot of money spent in a short period of time.

Any cert from Offensive security is well worth a look into. Hear alot of good comments about their courses and they are by far the most in touch and up to date with the courses there running.
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Networking