IRC

This is for the IRC missions - not for IRC support.
Forum rules
This is for the IRC missions - not for IRC support.

IRC

Post by b0r15 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 am
([msg=29747]see IRC[/msg])

im about to try at the IRC missions, but I dont know shit about IRC. I know the basics, but thats about it. I was wondering a few things before I went there and exposed myself to the elements...

Is it easier to get hacked there? This is what worries me the most. I dont have a host mask(Im waiting on one from Freenode) and my IP is just hanging out there for everyone to see. :shock:

Which leads me to my next question,

Can I use Tor to cloak myself on your channel? Some Channels dont allow it.. and it seems we have to connect from the site, but I dont know I havent been there yet..?

And the final question, "Does any one know any "specific" eb00x I can read to get more familiar with IRC(Please no seafch engine posts Im well aware of google, etc) scripting and such...I have eb00x about botnets, etc, but thats beyond my IRC knowledge right now.
Basic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)
Realistic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (7) (9) (10) (12) (13)
Application: (1) (2) (3)
Programming: (1)
Javascript: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
Extbasic: (1)
b0r15
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: IRC

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:42 am
([msg=29751]see Re: IRC[/msg])

Your IP is usually cloaked on IRC, however I just portscanned you and all your ports are filtered (i.e. people can't connect). Stay secure and you'll be fine.
There's more risk of your computer being pwned by chinese spammers with automated scanners.
In terms of knowing more about IRC, the RFC is the best documentation out there. http://irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/rfc.html
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to IRC Missions