IRC 1

This is for the IRC missions - not for IRC support.
Forum rules
This is for the IRC missions - not for IRC support.

Re: IRC 1

Post by Goatboy on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 pm
([msg=48451]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

Pro tip: L2hoveroverlinksandseewheretheypoint

But a pr0 ub3r 1337 h4x0r should know that already.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by bowen69 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 am
([msg=48456]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

haha its funny when kids try to be smart... and still no one has told me how i insulted that guy....
bowen69
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:34 am
([msg=48457]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

You came in here acting like you know your stuff when you clearly do not. On a forum where intelligence and competence are valued above all other things, this is an insult. My "wat" response is not uncommon here. If someone posts something weird, they are going to get that kind of response. What separates you from the others is that you immediately get all butthurt about it and begin whining instead of just saying "lol yea, I'm new" and being honest with us.

The really funny thing is that you aren't going to get any help acting this way. Saying we shouldn't be mods, telling us to grow up, etc. What you need to do is be straight-forward with what you know, drop the fucking attitude, and be grateful for the help you do receive. I already gave you a hint in my last post. Take it from there.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by bowen69 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:53 am
([msg=48458]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

i did not come in here pretending a know it all... by competent i meant im not a complete noob... and to be honest if this is how you treat people trying to learn then you really dont deserve to be mods. i appreciate your hint but you could not have done it in more of an insulting way...

yes i am fairly new to this but i know my basics ie java script, html, sql etc. im just new to irc...

-- Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 am --

and tbh i still dont know what im doing with these irc missions...
bowen69
New User
New User

Post by DrakierD on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:35 am
([msg=48467]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

bowen: learn about bots and their commands. There was already a link in the thread that pointed to some helpful hints. I understand you are new to IRC and so therefore may not have the knowledge required immediately. IRC will be especially hard for you if you don't understand how it works.. both at a high level and at a lower RFC level.

But for IRC 1, you just have to really understand what a bot is, and how it works.
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by bowen69 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm
([msg=48473]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

see now thats some helpful info! thank you my friend! though i am somewhat confused on where to find the challenges ...

when i click irc missions it puts me strait into the irc... how do i find out what mission im supposed to be doing?

thanks again for your help man!

Bowen
bowen69
New User
New User

Post by DrakierD on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 am
([msg=48492]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

You should be put straight into an IRC channel called #htb I believe.

Read the information in the channel and check all your windows for messages as to what to do next. I haven't been on that channel in a long time so I don't remember what you're supposed to do in order to get started. I remember I had to register the nickname on the server then link it to my HTS account so the bots knew where to assign the completed missions to.

Once that is done, there should be some way to trigger the bots or something to start the mission. You will then have to figure out the appropriate way to proceed in order to complete the mission. Good luck!
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 pm
([msg=48516]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

Lawl, message me on IRC and I'll prove you don't know anything about the topics you listed. I bet I could hand you the most basic, SQL-injection-vulnerable PHP code ever and you wouldn't be able to exploit it.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33 pm
([msg=48716]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

Nah, let him be ignorant. That way if he bullshits his way through an interview and gets hired somewhere, he will be thoroughly embarrassed.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by fire_ball on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:41 pm
([msg=64992]see Re: IRC 1[/msg])

yo, can somebody tell me how I know if I've successfully linked my irc to my hts account?
fire_ball
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to IRC Missions