The New EstBasic 10

Learn how to do code review

Re: The New EstBasic 10

Post by alien_av on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:34 am
([msg=32673]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

funny thing, that the answer works with both [Spoiler removed] and [spoiler removed] in real life.

Edited by: Insomaniacal. I'm not giving you a warning because I see how you tried to give people a choice to view the spoiler or not. However, posting any kind of spoilers are against the site rules. Thanks.
alien_av
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Slim420 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 am
([msg=33141]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

This one is the hardest for me by far so far, mainly because i dont do any batch scripting, although I use Winxp for personal computer use (mainly because of compatibility issues), and *nix based for development, so I have a decent knowledge of bash scripting, but as for batch... erm, nope :oops: .

So anyways i did some looking around and understand a tiny bit about batch scripting (just enough to run batch files so I could test some things), Its kinda like an ugly version of BASIC :P . However, like a few of the posts in this thread, I have bypassed the authentication I believe (by that i mean I've managed to get the script to authenticate anything thats not an empty string), got the "You have been authenticated. Welcome aboard!" message, however when trying to enter my answer in the challenge (which i suppose is asking for the line of code that was changed), it doesnt pass me :? .

I'm not sure how else to word it without posting a spoiler, and to ask help with clear enough details as to what I am attempting.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track or if I'm going about it the wrong way?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was going about it wrong, I was confused a little as to what the mission was asking for. I thought it wanted the fixed line of code like the couple of missions before it.... However that is not the case ;) . I havent completed it yet, but now i'm on the right track and it wont be much longer (i hope).
Basic: (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)(9)(10)(11)
Realistic: (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Application: (1)(2)(3)(4)
Programming: (1)(2)
Javascript: (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)
Extbasic: (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)(9)(10)(11)(12)(13)(14)
Stego: (1)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)(10)
Slim420
New User
New User

Post by eljonto on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:11 pm
([msg=33174]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Yeah, it's looking for input, sorta like an SQL injection, only in batch.
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by lord_hondros on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 pm
([msg=38314]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Okay, so the point here is that we have no access to the actual .bat file correct? So we need to input what would be able to just log us in? Because I found a way to just get around the password check (AHEMPASSWORDAHEMVALUEAHEMREMAHEM; verify this please?), but that requires editing of the actual file. I typed in the line in the entry box, so it's telling me I'm wrong. Any help?
Damagedspy:
Die! Die! Die! let this thread die! This is almost 2 years old!
Stop rising the dead.
/me grabs shotgun and empties it on the thread.
lord_hondros
New User
New User

Post by stamba on Mon May 10, 2010 6:08 pm
([msg=38539]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

I've got the injection that works on my computer but it is not accepted as an answer. :?
Can I pm my answer to anyone just to check it?

I've tried all possible combinations of lower and uppercase letters.
I'm not sure if that's the issue with my solution. [/color]Probably not, as it doesn't work! ;)

Thanks.

EDIT:
Never mind. I got it, now. It was one character that was causing the problem.
A hint for those who haven't solved it:
SPOILER: Keep everything lowercase!
stamba
New User
New User

Post by donod on Sat May 22, 2010 3:28 pm
([msg=38923]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

hi

how can i cut a line in two using batch and ignore the second part ?
i looked in the offcial help and only found out how to execute multiple commands using & and ignoring a line using rem

where should i look for the inline comment ?

done :D you just have to not use rem but the other one instead
donod
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm
([msg=43936]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Ok, so i've gotten this to work a few different ways by cicumventing auth. all together. I just run the batch and it goes right to, "You have been authenticated. Welcome aboard". Are we supposed to paste the whole script into the text area, or just one line? If I added a line and changed one, do we just add those two??? Not enough explanation on the description.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by XORMeBaby on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 pm
([msg=43938]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Ok, so i've gotten this to work a few different ways by cicumventing auth. all together. I just run the batch and it goes right to, "You have been authenticated. Welcome aboard". Are we supposed to paste the whole script into the text area, or just one line? If I added a line and changed one, do we just add those two??? Not enough explanation on the description.

Again, this is not how to go about this challenge. Think SQL Injection but with batch.
XORMeBaby
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Saduff on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:09 pm
([msg=47475]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

I've got a solution, works for me when I run the batch from my machine,
but the challenge will not accept my solution. Why? I tried both upper and lowercase.
I also found a slightly different solution that also works. And yes, I'm using injection.
It goes straight to "You have been authenticated. Welcome aboard!" when I enter my "password".

-- EDIT --

Never mind, I solved it now. :)
A small hint to others:

I found 8 possible solutions and I'm sure there are more.
You just have to try all of them and find the most obvious (best) one.
Saduff
New User
New User

Post by Jon_Stockton on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm
([msg=48306]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Is there anyone I can pm about this challenge? I have everything reset and it works on my computer, but I can't get it to work with the challenge. I tried changing it all to lowercase as was recommended in this thread, but it still doesn't work :evil:
Jon_Stockton
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Extended Basics