The New EstBasic 10

Learn how to do code review

Re: The New EstBasic 10

Post by manu74 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 am
([msg=78494]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

It's really annoying to have a solution working on the batch but not being validated by the site.

Why the hell don't you take the answer and test it into the script to validate it ?
There are just too many solutions with little variations for you to be able to validate all.
manu74
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by shaharg on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:33 pm
([msg=80000]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Come on
Its working on my computer , its all lowercase, and HTS refuses my answer.

what should i do?
shaharg
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 pm
([msg=80047]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

I remember being stuck on this one a very long time before I got the answer. Remember: always find the most efficient solution.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by horrorshow1984 on Sun May 04, 2014 8:50 am
([msg=80529]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

hey guys!
i know this has happenend quite often but i'ts working perfectly in my command (goes to blabla welcome aboard as soon as i enter the password) but i can't get the site to accept the solution. tried uppercase, lowercase whatever i could think of. can i PM anyone to check what's wrong with my solution?
thanks!
horrorshow1984
New User
New User

Post by akusei on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm
([msg=83053]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

I think the validation script needs to be amended a bit. I was able to completely bypass the batch authentication mechanism using injection WITHOUT the need to use anything already suggest and no need to comment anything out. My solution is also only 38 characters long (not that that matters at all, it just illustrates that it's not something that has a bunch of unnecessary stuff and failed validation because of it).

Long story short, the bypass on my system works fine but does not when I submit it as an answer. I had to completely redo the way I was bypassing and actually ended up adding a bunch of unnecessary stuff to get HTS to accept the answer.

I any admin/mod or author of ext basic 10 would like to PM me, I'll provide my shorter more optimized solution and they can decide if they want to include it in the validation script.
akusei
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:07 pm
([msg=83066]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

I don't agree, the point of both 10 and 11 is to provide the shortest and thus best answer possible of which there is only one or few (depending on the implementation). It is part of the challenge.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by akusei on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:04 pm
([msg=83612]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:I don't agree, the point of both 10 and 11 is to provide the shortest and thus best answer possible of which there is only one or few (depending on the implementation). It is part of the challenge.

The solution I came up with is only 38 characters, but now that I go back to the script it's no longer working for some reason. I'll see if I can replicate it and I'll PM it to you.

EDIT: found the problem and instead of 38, I was able to do it in 45 characters but the validation script still doesn't accept the 45 character version.
akusei
New User
New User

Post by GandalfGreyhame on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 am
([msg=85375]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Well, the object here to is bypass the password. I can think of a way to do it with no additional characters added in. Think about it, if you can access the script, how best to bypass the password, too bad it doesn't work on this challenge. I'm not complaining, it obviously wants something specific, and only that answer. No problem, back to the drawing board.
GandalfGreyhame
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 am
([msg=85377]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

Feel free to PM me how you would accomplish this challenge if it allowed it, I'm intrigued.
If it's a feasible option, we might be able to roll it out as an option to complete the challenge also.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 am
([msg=85382]see Re: The New EstBasic 10[/msg])

GandalfGreyhame wrote:Well, the object here to is bypass the password. I can think of a way to do it with no additional characters added in. Think about it, if you can access the script, how best to bypass the password, too bad it doesn't work on this challenge. I'm not complaining, it obviously wants something specific, and only that answer. No problem, back to the drawing board.

I think I recall that the shortest answer will get accepted. Good luck!
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Extended Basics