Ideas anyone?!

Learn how to do code review

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm
([msg=79617]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

calebhk98 wrote:What about learning levels for newbies? Where it is before basic and teaches how to do it instead of letting you see how well you are and if you have the know how? That way people will swarm in and let you get a lot more donations. Also .org is supposed to be for teaching sites and this pretty much just test you.

I disagree. First, .org doesn't stand for anything other than "organization" which we are. Second, the site is designed to force the user to learn for themselves. Beating the basic missions is quite easy if you put some effort into it and read everything we provide (hints, clues, descriptions, articles, forums threads, etc). If a user is unwilling to put in the effort to learn, they will not be spoon-fed and they will not do well in NetSec.

Edit: I'm not saying the challenges are perfect. They are far from that. They are old, poorly written in some cases, and often more of a needle-in-a-haystack than intelligent puzzles. At the same time, they are "Missions" not walkthroughs.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by simonsickle on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 pm
([msg=79915]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Maybe expand to cell phone hacking/rooting? I think that would be cool
simonsickle
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Extended Basics