javascript mission 3

Learn the basics of how to exploit JavaScript.

Re: javascript mission 3

Post by code2004 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:28 pm
([msg=25350]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

I'm pretty sure I'm right about the calculation!... I've worked it out on my fingers and toes (except the 5 + 6 * 7... Needed my abacus for that =9!), and I've even used Python (don't ask >.<) as a calculator... I keep getting the same answer, and I am sure I comprehend the whole 'If (x.length = moo)', in that so long as x.length = moo - not moo.length, but moo - the password should be correct... If I'm wrong, stop me there please >.<!

In any case, I've tried this... But I find that the Check Password button is dysfunctional - i.e. doing nothing at all. Am I supposed to combine the given script to the source, or is this a bug???

Thanks!

Connor :)

EDIT: Okay, so I'm using Google Chrome now! It's working!... I'm going to retry using Firefox and see if it screws up again!... And yes it has! I don't get it =/ Bug possibly? Or my computer being stupid?
.............................H..o.....i..l.....C..u..o..r..e.....S..p..e..z..z..a..t..o.............................
code2004
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by haha01haha01 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:13 pm
([msg=25665]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

code2004 wrote:EDIT: Okay, so I'm using Google Chrome now! It's working!... I'm going to retry using Firefox and see if it screws up again!... And yes it has! I don't get it =/ Bug possibly? Or my computer being stupid?
Make sure javascript is enabled and you are not using any plugin such as NoScript.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by _Kaiser on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:11 am
([msg=25810]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

I have to admit, this one was a real b****rd of a mission, but once you get it, you will look back and think... man, why didn't i see it?

I promise that I will try as hard as I can not to include spoilers, so if anyone sees a spoiler, PM me and ill edit it, or a Mod can change it if they think it is a spoiler, i dont mind. I want to help, not hinder. I've more regurgitated what others have said in a logical way rather than say anything new.

This is what you are given:

var foo = 5 + 6 * 7
var bar = foo % 8
var moo = bar * 2
var rar = moo / 3

superkid68 wrote:Hints:
    2. Get the browser to do the work
    ex. type this into the address bar
    Code: Select all
    javascript: var a=1+1; var b=a*2;

Taking superkid68's advice, get your algebra skills to work. Although, write it out character for character, and change 'a' and 'b' for foo, bar, etc. I find it helps, since if you have read this far into the forum, your head is obviously acheing from a massive headache. So, let's do it:

javascript: var foo=x+x; var bar=foo*x; var moo=bar%x; alert(moo);

As you should realise, its filled with x's and the calculations arent correct. That's your job. I'm here to help, not give spoilers. I'm afraid I might have done too much already o.o Once you fix it up, paste it into your address bar, and you will get a message with your answer for moo!

Anyway, you now have moo (or atleast you should) so try to figure out "x.length == moo"

To give you a further push in the right direction, remember what ulcmid1 said:
ulcimd1 wrote:You DO need to find the value of moo... the script compares the value of (x.length...the length of the x variable, as in how many digits are in the input box) to the value for moo. You are not comparing apples to apples, you are comparing the color of an apple, to the color of a picture of an apple...get it?

If you dont get it, think of it this way. One may be an apple and the other a photo, but their color is the same. Think about how that might indicate the link between moo and x.length.

Goodluck!
_Kaiser
New User
New User

Post by keiferdeanbrown on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:57 am
([msg=27327]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

:edit:
CYBER HACKER
keiferdeanbrown
New User
New User

Post by jaketb16 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 am
([msg=27856]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

if (x.length == moo)

I know its been said a number of times, but look at the code carefully. We can assume that "x" is whats being validated (the password, duhh), as it usually is, and we know that something about its length must equal moo, as defined by the code. Now, what do they mean by length? How can length equal moo? :?

Think about that, then think about what was also said a couple of times: There's no one correct answer.

This is my first post, and I'm sorry if it's considered a spoiler. Just trying to help! I'll be more vague next time if this reveals too much :D
jaketb16
New User
New User

Post by Coldbloodio on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:31 am
([msg=27914]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

so confusing! ahh! i finally got it after about an hour of just staring at it!

javascript: var moo="hello";alert(moo.length);

maybe that will help some people ;)
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. - Aristotle
Coldbloodio
New User
New User

Post by code2004 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 am
([msg=27917]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

haha01haha01 wrote:
code2004 wrote:EDIT: Okay, so I'm using Google Chrome now! It's working!... I'm going to retry using Firefox and see if it screws up again!... And yes it has! I don't get it =/ Bug possibly? Or my computer being stupid?
Make sure javascript is enabled and you are not using any plugin such as NoScript.

Yeah, I don't know what was up with it then, everything was enabled + JS was running on other sites... Probs just my computer trying to annoy me *nods* :( Thanks for your help anyway :)

Code2004 // Connor
.............................H..o.....i..l.....C..u..o..r..e.....S..p..e..z..z..a..t..o.............................
code2004
New User
New User

Post by cetnik96 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 pm
([msg=29804]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

you should go to the site http://www.s3wchools.com or http://www.s3wchools.org i cant remember,but it can really help you,you can learn everything about :html,css,js,and many more of those.....
cetnik96
New User
New User

Post by thefeedinghand on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm
([msg=36050]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

this was fairly simple and I don't even know javascript
thefeedinghand
New User
New User

Post by nate1256 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 am
([msg=36858]see Re: javascript mission 3[/msg])

grot3sq wrote:5 + 6 * 7 = 47 - foo
47 / 8 = 5,875 - bar
5,785 * 2 = 11,75 - moo

o.0

EDIT: OMFG, nvm... i just realized its % not / in the second line

EDITEDIT: still not working... gosh... i hate math XD

wait 5+6x7 is not 47 5+6 is 11 x 7 is 77
url=http://dragcave.net/view/a0Mu]Image[/url]
nate1256
New User
New User