Stego 16

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 16

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:58 pm
([msg=82621]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

gmw wrote:I got the clue file and the password for it, and I noticed something suspicious about the clue file, but this is where I am stuck. I pretty much know what I'm supposed to do but I don't know how. A hint or PM would be appreciated.

Maybe this will help: what range are the values in? Example: a binary number can never include a 2, not by itself. Find the range and you got part of the answer. If that's not enough, PM me with all that you have.

Edit: even though my profile says I didn't do stego 16, I did do them on another account a few years back, so don't worry about spoilers.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Stego 16

Post by 420MuNkEy on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:25 pm
([msg=88866]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

I've been coming to HTS a few times a year for about 6 years now, chipping away more and more every year and I still haven't been able to get beyond the very first layer of this one. I've done all sorts of analysis on the differences (meant in several different ways) between perceptual irregularities in the image, trying to reduce it down to a string that could help me, but I've had no luck. As of right now, 16 and 11 are the only stego missions I haven't figured out.

Please don't take this as complaining, because that's not how it's intended. I'm clearly overlooking something, and that's kind of the point of these. I'll keep trying until I get it, even though that could take years and there's no guarantee for success.

I just wanted to post this as some sort of consolation to anyone who's frustrated by this one.
420MuNkEy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Steganography