Stego 16

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 16

Post by M_A_D_S_T_O_R_M on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 pm
([msg=76284]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

Hi guys i am back :D
I got bored so i returned to solve this puzzles.

I saw the clue, but i don't have the key.

I compared the "stego16.png" and the original file. I found different ones (and their locations).
x[8]=[21 ,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,11];
y[8]=[238 ,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,471];
(i am using matlab for programing so my offset is not '0' , my offset is '1')
i am not even sure does i mean something?

(On my face! :D it doesn't mean anything for now)

I am stuck, i need a clue. :roll:
M_A_D_S_T_O_R_M
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by neolithicLoser on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:16 pm
([msg=76457]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

I'm really clueless about how to read the clue. Will pKcrack be effective on it? Any assistance is aporeciated.

Thanks in advance.
neolithicLoser
New User
New User

Post by tehbmar on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 am
([msg=77478]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

neolithicLoser wrote:I'm really clueless about how to read the clue. Will pKcrack be effective on it? Any assistance is aporeciated.

Thanks in advance.

You wont want to use that, it isn't a quick brute force there is an easier way. Just maybe look for some differences, small differences.

Also, to anyone who knows what they're doing I have the clue and it is driving me insane. I'm taking MSGM's advice but I can't find anything. I have one possible thing it might be so I have to ask this. Will the password/the actual hint go away if I change the font size on the document?
tehbmar
New User
New User

Post by mooph on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 pm
([msg=79261]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

I think I won't ruin anything if I say, that:

I tried to keep them lowercase however.

... is not true in this case.
:shock:
mooph
New User
New User

Post by LordSyn on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:37 am
([msg=81677]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

I found the clue but have yet to open it. can someone point me to where i can find the original unmodified image so i may compare the 2 files. i was unable to find it.

... then again i may not have been looking vary hard as I am currently at work ...
LordSyn
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:30 pm
([msg=81680]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

You don't always need to find the original image. ;)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by walterF on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:47 pm
([msg=81952]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

Ok, so I found the file, but whenever I try to e*****t it I end up with an error message saying that it's incomplete. I tried to get the file by changing the extension, and separating the files by the headers, but I end up with identical results. Either it tells me it's incomplete, or that there was an error. Either way the clue it gives me is zero bytes and I'm fairly certain it should have SOME content. I looked through the forum and haven't found anyone else who seems to have had this problem so clearly I'm doing something very wrong. I don't know, I may just be out of my league but I feel like I'm getting there and would really like some advice that could help get through this. I really don't want any spoilers but a point in the right direction would be lovely. I'm sorry if there are any spoilers, if there are please let me know and I'll be happy to remove them. Thanks!
"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence"
-Edgar Allen Poe
walterF
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:49 pm
([msg=81970]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

I think you're missing part of the challenge. Try opening the file with other tools to see if they produce the same error messages. Either that or the downloaded file got corrupted. But I think based on what you said it's the first. Look up the headers of the file, what features the file supports and what might be needed.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by walterF on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:40 am
([msg=81980]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

Thanks, I opened it in something else and found that I was just putting in the wrong password. I had the right headers and footers, just, wrong password. I'm certain that I'm over thinking this part but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it actually is. Thanks for the help figuring that out though, I was killing myself digging through the hex dumps to find out what was wrong with it.
"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence"
-Edgar Allen Poe
walterF
New User
New User

Post by gmw on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:39 am
([msg=82614]see Re: Stego 16[/msg])

I got the clue file and the password for it, and I noticed something suspicious about the clue file, but this is where I am stuck. I pretty much know what I'm supposed to do but I don't know how. A hint or PM would be appreciated.
gmw
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography