Stego 1

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 1

Post by mShred on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:23 pm
([msg=62941]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:Much as it pains me, it's time to ask for help....

I pasted my string of digits into one of those online converters and was given an error because what I entered was not divisible by 8. So I'm thinking that this is the missing thing mentioned earlier?
A logical place to put the missing digit would be the start or end so I did, and came up with a six character string that made sense. wasn't correct though, so I started working my way through methodically, one place at a time with each of the two digits. There were several results that looked promising, but no joy.

Am I moving in the right direction?

I have tried to be reasonably vague and unspoilerific, sorry if I have failed.

There's nothing that hasn't alread been mentioned in the thread. But you are definitely on the right track. Try redoing what you've done. It should turn out.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by NiLi15 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm
([msg=71782]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

This mission was actually peachy -- just don't get hung up on the posts that say one thing is missing. I totally appreciate these posts...I'm just saying it would have saved me a bit of time if they just said something was missing...there are only two options for that something.
NiLi15
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by quangntenemy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 am
([msg=78214]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

This is a perfect example of a poor challenge, a nonsense message is hidden in a non-intelligent way and it takes many tries to recover the message because it doesn't really have any meaning
quangntenemy
New User
New User

Post by icypenguenz on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm
([msg=78263]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

This mission is awesome, although I found the "missing piece" aspect to be incredibly frustrating and fruitless. I edited the original image a bit so that the mission works in just the same way, without the need to guess and check where the "missing piece" must go.

http://jmp.sh/v/bPIsHy2mAuadvKIcUb4g
icypenguenz
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Steganography