Stego 9

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 9

Post by Defience on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:24 am
([msg=21956]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Defience wrote:Although it isn't necessary to listen to this stego to finish it, it can provide a hint.

;)
Defience
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by DrakierD on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:01 pm
([msg=22432]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

The problem I have with Stego 9 is that I can "see" what is "wrong", but I don't have a clue where to start to deal with it.

Stego is not my strong point because there are just soo many variables and ways to hide data. I'm also looking at it from a programmer's perspective which always over-complicates things.

What I'm looking for is a small bump in what I'm supposed to do with this "stuff". I don't want to get too specific, but I know what is there that shouldn't be. It's just a lot of data, and I'm not sure how it is supposed to be interpreted.

Even if all you had was a link to some more data I could read to help figure out what is going on here would help. I already know the file format in WAV files, and I have read up on how some people put data into wavs. It doesn't seem to be the case here however. It's not just that the data is hidden... there is something more.
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Sekkite on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 pm
([msg=22753]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

I finally completed this mission, but I'm still not quite clear on the difference between this music file and other ones other then the f*******y.
Sekkite
New User
New User

Post by kijibwa on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 pm
([msg=22775]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Cryptic clue.
Think,
****Information transfer on the Victorian "internet".****
kijibwa
New User
New User

Post by xen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:46 pm
([msg=26643]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

MODERATORS CHANGE THIS IF IT GIVES TOO MUCH AWAY!!

i have listened to the file.
i have found something and i know what it is.
when i use something it wont work....

any hints??
xen
New User
New User

Post by idlecomet on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:36 pm
([msg=28337]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This is an interesting and enjoyable one.

For those starting this, there's nothing wrong with the file as people may be suggesting; it's not broken. For those who say the bitrate is wrong, etc. 352kbs * 40s ~= 1.7 MB. And it's not a high bitrate for the quality either (it's a WAV).

However, the file is obviously unusual if you just look at it, versus any normal music file.

Cheers to whoever made this one!

-- Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 am --

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This is an interesting and enjoyable one.

For those starting this, there's nothing wrong with the file as people may be suggesting; it's not broken. For those who say the bitrate is wrong, etc. 352kbs * 40s ~= 1.7 MB. And it's not a high bitrate for the quality either (it's a WAV).

However, the file is obviously unusual if you just look at it, versus any normal music file.

Cheers to whoever made this one!
idlecomet
New User
New User

Post by djtecha on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:14 pm
([msg=28406]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

AGHHHHHHH so close. So first of all sorry if this is any type of spoiler, I will try to be vague. So I found something very interesting in this code that breaks up into groupings of five variables, naturally this looked like code we are all familiar with through spy movies, so I tried converting it which gives me a string of 25 numbers and then throwing that through a hex converter but this just gives me nonsense. If anyone could give me that little extra push or let me know I am completely off that would be wonderful, although this seems to be to much for a coincidence.
djtecha
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:34 pm
([msg=28413]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

You don't need a hex converter, maybe think along the lines of basic 6?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by ANONRA on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:12 pm
([msg=28451]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Hi just completed stego 9. It was a lot of work. Had me perplexed for a while but with some manipulation it was easier than I first thought! But fun in the end! Thanks to the aurthor - Very Sneeky!! lol :)
ANONRA
New User
New User

Post by djtecha on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:40 am
([msg=28587]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

That doesn't really help other then saying the code is then once again manipulated. But most of these passwords are under 10 digits and this one is appearing to be around 25. Any more help on how I can translate * would really help.

[Edited by Defience]
djtecha
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography