2 programming questions

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

2 programming questions

Post by prizzy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 pm
([msg=64546]see 2 programming questions[/msg])

Hey guys/gals. I have a few questions, and I hope I am in the correct forum.

I am working on learning c#, so I am going through the programming challenges. I have completed the first two, but I want to expand on them. Instead of having to copy and paste, I want to make it a one button press thing. Have the program login, to HTS, go to mission, download whatever is needed, and then post the answer. Is there a way in C# to login into HTS? If there isn't, I don't want to waste anymore time on it. My guess is there has to be a way.

Second question. I was looking at learning Java or c#. did I make the right choice choosing c# or is java a better, more versatile language?

Thanks for your help in advance!!
prizzy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 2 programming questions

Post by hellow533 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:49 pm
([msg=64548]see Re: 2 programming questions[/msg])

Java is a language I only used for learning, nothing more. I can't imagine it being any more advanced or versatile than c#. I do have experience with java, however not with c#, so I wouldn't know if it can log in.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2 programming questions

Post by QtDevl on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:42 am
([msg=64569]see Re: 2 programming questions[/msg])

You can do access the site in c# and in java aswell..Personally i did all prog missions in java,except mission 4..Also mission 11,12 did them first in c# then java..
Also there is no reason to connect to the site for other missions except the last two ,and probably 6,you just over complicate yourself..you have plenty of time to do whatever you have to by hand..be it save a picture,or input data :)
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom...
QtDevl
New User
New User

Return to Programming