Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?

Post by haha01haha01 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:54 pm
([msg=33818]see Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?[/msg])

So, I just completed programming 6. However, I had to try it for about 15 times until my application got the whole thing right. I checked some of the solutions that didn't get accepted, and it seems like only one or two characters were wrong in each one of them. This seems right because even commercial OCR programs never get it 100% correctly, but I'd still like to know if such thing was needed on OCR programs of other people who completed the mission.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?

Post by lordofthelefthand on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:34 pm
([msg=33822]see Re: Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?[/msg])

I had this exact problem except I had about 5% errors... So I never got them all right even with lots of attempts :cry:

Nice job!
lordofthelefthand
New User
New User

Re: Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?

Post by haha01haha01 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:39 pm
([msg=33880]see Re: Programming 6: is it normal to have to try multiple times?[/msg])

Just finished mission 7, had the same problem there. The images I got didn't make too much sense (they were better than the original, at least) and it took me about 20 tries to get it. This is how one of my better-looking results was(delete it if you think it's a spoiler, it doesn't seem like one to me though):
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Return to Programming