Programming 9

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Programming 9

Post by haha01haha01 on Wed May 20, 2009 9:40 am
([msg=24002]see Programming 9[/msg])

Okay. so i downloaded the decryption php script (the one in the commented link), made some small configurations, and it works fine. i even tested it: i encrypted a string using the encryption provided by HTS, decrypted it with that script, and its ok.
I have a sudoku solver i made quite a long time ago. i used it many times on real sudokus, so im sure its not the problem.
I take the unsolved sudoku, solve it, hash the solution using sha1, and use it in the decryption script. but all i get is a bunch of unrecognized characters (e.g 6<fax*)

can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong?
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Programming 9

Post by Defience on Wed May 20, 2009 10:55 am
([msg=24013]see Re: Programming 9[/msg])

Make sure that there are no spaces in your sudoku solution when hashing it and do leave in the commas. Also make sure you make this change in the blowfish: define("CBC",1);
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by haha01haha01 on Wed May 20, 2009 12:44 pm
([msg=24024]see Re: Programming 9[/msg])

Defience wrote:Make sure that there are no spaces in your sudoku solution when hashing it and do leave in the commas. Also make sure you make this change in the blowfish: define("CBC",1);

my sudoku contains the commas and i did change CBC to 1 (as i said, i think the decryption is fine because i encrypted and decrypted a string and it worked).
may i contact you through PM so that i can give you more information that would be considered a spoiler?

EDIT: finished it. i had two main problems: one of them was that during the unpacking and repacking of the sudoku string, it somehow got rotated by 90 degrees. the second problem was that i used two different methods for solving the sudoku, but if the sudoku requires the second one (used for hard sudokus that couldnt be solved using the first method), it means that it might have more than one solution.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by LordSyn on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:38 pm
([msg=81631]see Re: Programming 9[/msg])

I'm running into problems with this as well however i'm going the harder route doing this all in .net ... looks like spaces were part of my problem so far I am able to encrypt and decrypt sample text using my current methods however my decryption of the provided value provides garbage data back :(
LordSyn
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:21 pm
([msg=81640]see Re: Programming 9[/msg])

LordSyn wrote:I'm running into problems with this as well however i'm going the harder route doing this all in .net ...

Yeah, stopped reading after that. Seriously, .NET? Nothing helpful to add, I'm afraid.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Return to Programming