Logging In

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Logging In

Post by WeeblsWobbles on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am
([msg=17460]see Logging In[/msg])

I'm not new to programming, but this is something I've never really had to do before (I'm also not exactly sure what to search for on google). Some of the missions have extremely short times to complete them (such as 3 seconds with the Ceaser Cipher), and that's not enough time to copy and paste the necessary input into my program.

How would I go about having my program logging into HTS and downloading the challenge page, and then submitting the correct answer? If I just try and directly download the page it will give me a login error. Perhaps I could do this by sending a custom HTTP header with a login cookie or something of that sort? I'm really clueless here though, thanks for any help.
WeeblsWobbles
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Logging In

Post by Defience on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 am
([msg=17553]see Re: Logging In[/msg])

Which mission are you working on and what programming language are you using? The way I do them is to log on to hts, get my cookie and add my cookie value to my script. Its easier than trying to parse the log in page, send user name & password, then run the particular mission. Those are unnecessary steps.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by Aesmade on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 am
([msg=17675]see Re: Logging In[/msg])

You could do them with javascript, so you don't have to mess with that stuff at all. That's what I did.
Aesmade
New User
New User

Post by proind on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm
([msg=17754]see Re: Logging In[/msg])

I used python with the twill module to log in, and fetch the page.
twill allows to fill forms and submit them in a very simple way
proind
New User
New User

Post by mattloto on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
([msg=19177]see Re: Logging In[/msg])

im using visual basic and im trying to do programing 2. While there is 15 seconds to copy and paste the image, for one mission u only have 3 seconds. how can i log on in VB automaticly, since url params dont seem to work
mattloto
New User
New User

Return to Programming