Programming 10

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Programming 10

Post by darilma2 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:27 pm
([msg=28913]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

I don't know how this
In order to get this data you must brute-force the encrypted hashes you get in each step.
should be interpreted. Does it mean mean that the first 32 byte hash is not the actual hash which results from the mapping possible passwords --> hash. I could try to brute force B**XX encoding to get other hash values but it seems that this method requires too much time.
So my questions are
    Is B**XX encoding to brute force?
    Is the 32 byte hash the hash value of the actual password?
darilma2
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:48 pm
([msg=28914]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

If I understand you correctly, you now need to use a smart bruteforcing method based on the information given in the description to complete the next step. The info you have can probably stay in its current form but use what you know (from the description) about the final password to go on. I hope this makes some sense to you and isn't too vague.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by haha01haha01 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 pm
([msg=33393]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

Okay, I found the special pixels, what am I supposed to do with them?
I tried both just converting to ASCII and using them like binary numbers then making groups of eight, but I always get a bunch of non alphanumeric letters. I also tried doing the two options above on the dominant color, RGB sum, xy sum, nothing works.

sounds like something that just ASKS to be divided into 11 groups of binary numbers, but the result doesn't make any sense at all :\
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by Defience on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm
([msg=33397]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

Where they were found just might be as important as what was found 8-) No division needed.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by haha01haha01 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:50 am
([msg=33409]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

Defience wrote:Where they were found just might be as important as what was found 8-) No division needed.
I also tried things related to the position they were found in (as I said in my previous post). Also, is there a specific reason the dominant color is looping from 0 to 160, then from 160 to 0, then repeat? Or is that just for kicks or something?
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by eljonto on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:25 am
([msg=33410]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

I think the loop might just be for the image effect. I don't know where you're at with tihs challenge- but it helps to "dump" a lot of the image data relating to pixel RGB and positions as defience said. find something significant in these values, maybe look at the number range?
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by haha01haha01 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:20 am
([msg=33414]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

eljonto wrote:I think the loop might just be for the image effect. I don't know where you're at with tihs challenge- but it helps to "dump" a lot of the image data relating to pixel RGB and positions as defience said. find something significant in these values, maybe look at the number range?

EDIT2: OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR.
and I also see what encoding is it :3
brbusing1337haxskillz

EDIT3: finished mission. thanks :3
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by eljonto on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:18 pm
([msg=33431]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

Good Job XD
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by edilVin on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 pm
([msg=37374]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

By value range, do you mean visible ASCII chars? if so, in which order should I put them together? if you can say it

"Seamos realistas y hagamos lo imposible" Ernesto Che Gevara
edilVin
New User
New User

Post by OnlyHuman on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:03 am
([msg=39955]see Re: Programming 10[/msg])

This was odd. I could have sworn my brute forcing algorithm covered every possible permutation based on the mission details. I designed it entirely around the possible given keyspace. But for some reason, when I tried it at HTS, it would either succeed extremely quickly or completely fail. I didn't even know there was a problem until I actually attempted the mission at the site. Everything seemed to work perfectly with the example images I used to construct it. Did anybody else have this problem?

On a side note...

edilVin wrote:By value range, do you mean visible ASCII chars? if so, in which order should I put them together? if you can say it

You'll know you've got the correct data as soon as you see it. As far as getting that data, Defience covered the details a few posts up. If you're getting incorrect results, you might try making sure your loops are nested properly, and ensure they're reading the data in the correct X to Y order. It's a pretty common mistake.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Programming