Permanent Programming 11

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by lordofthelefthand on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:32 am
([msg=19624]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Fun challenge! Did it with python, about 25 lines of code (could be trimmed down I'm sure). With these modules:
Code: Select all
import cookielib
import urllib2
User avatar
lordofthelefthand
New User
New User
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by Defience on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 am
([msg=19646]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

lordofthelefthand wrote:Fun challenge! Did it with python, about 25 lines of code (could be trimmed down I'm sure). With these modules:
Code: Select all
import cookielib
import urllib2


Also done in Python using these:
Code: Select all
import urllib,urllib2,re
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by thejasper on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:48 am
([msg=20143]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

I've solved it in javascript with greasemonkey (easier than pasting the code in the url)
the input/output was easy but I had to look up some things because I don't use javascript much
nice mission :)
thejasper
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by Schultzika on Sun May 31, 2009 8:03 am
([msg=24666]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

I've solved it using C++

My idea was to monitor the windows clipboard... as soon as it changes my program would read the copied data... make the reversed ascii shift... and put the solution to the windows clipboard...

So basically I'd just copy(ctrl+c) the data:
Generated String: 42)40)45)38)72)26)53)58)69)59)73)

Shift: -16

And paste(crtl+v) the solution:
:8=6X*EJUKY

Easy! :mrgreen:
Schultzika
New User
New User
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by eljonto on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 am
([msg=24703]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Schultzika wrote:I've solved it using C++

My idea was to monitor the windows clipboard... as soon as it changes my program would read the copied data... make the reversed ascii shift... and put the solution to the windows clipboard...

So basically I'd just copy(ctrl+c) the data:
Generated String: 42)40)45)38)72)26)53)58)69)59)73)

Shift: -16

And paste(crtl+v) the solution:
:8=6X*EJUKY

Easy! :mrgreen:


Nice! I never thought of doing it that way, sweet idea.
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
_________________________________________________________________
User avatar
eljonto
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 am
Location: Australia
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by haha01haha01 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm
([msg=24867]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

eljonto wrote:
Schultzika wrote:I've solved it using C++

My idea was to monitor the windows clipboard... as soon as it changes my program would read the copied data... make the reversed ascii shift... and put the solution to the windows clipboard...

So basically I'd just copy(ctrl+c) the data:
Generated String: 42)40)45)38)72)26)53)58)69)59)73)

Shift: -16

And paste(crtl+v) the solution:
:8=6X*EJUKY

Easy! :mrgreen:


Nice! I never thought of doing it that way, sweet idea.
i actually thought about that, but why bother when c# offers a premade solution for these type of things.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
User avatar
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:08 am
Location: HackThisSite.org
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by Defience on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:29 pm
([msg=24932]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Interesting to use copy & paste on this with only 3 seconds....I used python and automated the program.
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by BhaaL on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:21 am
([msg=24948]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Surprising that noone thought of that?
I did both 11 and 12 with Copy+Paste, too lazy to do the Socket stuff, login, keep cookies around etc.

By the way, I don't think its a good idea to keep a full string, shift and solution around here. Might give away the catch of the shift.
BhaaL
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by acskurucz on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:31 am
([msg=24950]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

LoL, i wrote a javascript application and did with that. in firefox, i just pasted in the URLbar the code and pressed an enter. its an easy way as well.
acskurucz
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by eljonto on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:57 pm
([msg=25075]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

acskurucz wrote:LoL, i wrote a javascript application and did with that. in firefox, i just pasted in the URLbar the code and pressed an enter. its an easy way as well.


Yeah, quite a few people have had success with that, i'll have to try it sometime
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
_________________________________________________________________
User avatar
eljonto
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 am
Location: Australia
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Programming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests