Application 1

Learn to reverse engineer through some common application security methods.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts/Code, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Application 1

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 am
([msg=67123]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:hello all!!
ok so i'm positive that i know what i'm doing here...i just completed a few similar app challenges over at HBH but i opened app 1 in edited out, found the part where it says "congratulations! the password to this level is '.....' but all that's between the quotes is scrambled blocks/symbols...is there another step that i need to take? any feedback is appreciated! :geek:
peace and blessing

Keep reading to the end of the line.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mookalovesgloop on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:23 pm
([msg=67127]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:
ok so i'm positive that i know what i'm doing here...i just completed a few similar app challenges over at HBH but i opened app 1 in edited out, found the part where it says "congratulations! the password to this level is '.....' but all that's between the quotes is scrambled blocks/symbols...is there another step that i need to take? any feedback is appreciated! :geek:
peace and blessing

thanks so much for the quick response....
so i did just that and even used the arrow keys to move through the document character by character to be sure i'm not missing anything, but the only thing i've found besides what i mentioned earlier is a few strings of numbers and commands...none of which seem to work as the application password :?: :oops: :?:
i'm a bit of a n00b and a late starter (i'm already in my twenties) at this...can i get yet one more nudge in the right direction...this is killing me because i know i must LITERALLY have the answer in my lap but something's just not clicking...thanks for reading
peace!
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:37 pm
([msg=67128]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:
LoGiCaL__ wrote:
peace and blessing

thanks so much for the quick response....
so i did just that and even used the arrow keys to move through the document character by character to be sure i'm not missing anything, but the only thing i've found besides what i mentioned earlier is a few strings of numbers and commands...none of which seem to work as the application password :?: :oops: :?:
i'm a bit of a n00b and a late starter (i'm already in my twenties) at this...can i get yet one more nudge in the right direction...this is killing me because i know i must LITERALLY have the answer in my lap but something's just not clicking...thanks for reading
peace!
mooka

You are definitely on the right track. Are you entering the input in the correct place? Just so you know, I just tested this mission and it works.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by limdis on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:41 pm
([msg=67130]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

Also just tested. Remember what you are trying to get the password for exactly, and think about what a SN might look like.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mookalovesgloop on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am
([msg=67175]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

OMG :oops: :oops: :oops:
thanks so much for the help...i solved it just now...i was totally jumping the gun, entering the APP password on the SITE! :roll:
peace and blessings!
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by corbonium on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm
([msg=72004]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

Sawny1337 wrote:Tip: You just need a good editor like notepad++ ;)

truth.

I feel like I cheated though. I'm going to head to McDonalds and see if those points are good.
corbonium
New User
New User

Post by f00by on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 pm
([msg=73894]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

Could we get the apps re-compressed for mac?

-f00bs
f00by
New User
New User

Post by samfly on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:35 am
([msg=78308]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

I don't know how I did it, I opened the program in a Hex editor, I searched and I found the password, But I didn't understand a thing in the hex-editor. Now, My request is, can I get the source code of the application so that I can understand the basics of what happened?
samfly
New User
New User

Post by GeneralPet on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:47 am
([msg=81981]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

May I ask something? The program requires a serial number so I can verify my license... So is this what I have to find out?
GeneralPet
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:05 pm
([msg=82007]see Re: Application 1[/msg])

First: don't ask to ask, ask the question, we'll decide to answer it (or not). Secondly, that is the point of this exercise, similar to the rest of the challenges you have to find a way to make the application return the password or circumvent it. Good luck!
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Application