Ninjex's Challenge 03

This is the place for ALL of the user submitted challenges. If you create a little challenge/mission/riddle/whatever, post it here.
Forum rules
Do not post missions that you did NOT create without proper citing.

Ninjex's Challenge 03

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:31 am
([msg=76021]see Ninjex's Challenge 03[/msg])

Hello, fellow members of HTS!
I have put together a nice little challenge for you guys, and I hope you guys enjoy it, as much as I enjoyed making it.
(Flashes back to spending 4+ hours trying to get a db to take queries case insensitively, when it does that by default #facepalm)

First, you will need to grab a copy of the challenge03.zip file located at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqucsjssl5x64 ... enge03.zip

Next, you of course will need to extract the folder. The folder contains the details for the challenge completion located in the README file, which is:

Code: Select all
Message from: Zyrux

"Hello, I heard that you are an amazing hacker. I myself have some skills in my toolbox, but I hit a road bump today.
I was wondering if you could help me out with this little issue.
Basically, there is a guy who is wanted for murder. They say that he lures people from the internet. The problem is that the FBI can not seem to get a trace on this guy.
So I decided I would see what I could do. I managed ssh into his machine and pull a folder called "meet". I believe this file contains the information somewhere about his
next attack. However, upon opening it, I get presented with a encrypted file named "encrypt.txt". This needs to be decoded. I found where he has been using his encryption
algorithm, it is located at http://missions.securityspot.org/03/manipulate.html
The rest of the information, I have no idea about, there is a file called jpg-gpg, which contains three files (xaa, xab, xac) with no extensions...
Please, if you can help me track this killer so we can put him behind bars, I would much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
- Zyrux"

-----------------------------------------
Some things to note:
The website given should be used only to understand the encryption method. Feel free to look around it, etc if you wish. You will not be able to sign-up, transfer files, recieve files, or login. The logo on the home page contains a link (http://missions.securityspot.org/03/check.html) which will allow you to check if your password is correct.

I hope you all enjoy the challenge!
Happy hacking,
- Ninjex
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ninjex's Challenge 03

Post by hellow533 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:00 pm
([msg=76028]see Re: Ninjex's Challenge 03[/msg])

Pulled all information and the encrypted file and sent it to FBI, NSA, and a 7 year old Chinese girl to look over and crack for me. I should have the winning answer in a matter of hours.
“True hacking is like skydiving, you want to make sure you have arms, because nobody’s going to be there to pull the chute for you.”
hellow533
Poster
Poster

Post by Amazingred on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 pm
([msg=77441]see Re: Ninjex's Challenge 03[/msg])

Okay I think i'm stuck.

I've got to where there is a meeting at O**R**** and see the password given but apparently I'm missing something cuz the place i'm putting it comes back invalid.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am
([msg=77442]see Re: Ninjex's Challenge 03[/msg])

I think you got it ;)
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Amazingred on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:58 am
([msg=77443]see Re: Ninjex's Challenge 03[/msg])

Yeah. Ahem. Stoooooopid Stoooooopid little detail I missed. Caused me an hour looking in the wrong place.

Nice challenge
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to User Submitted