Greasemonkey Hacking Tool - Made Specifically for HTS

A place to submit all custom code, scripts, and programs.
Forum rules
Do NOT post malicious code or programs. Please review all code posted in this forum before downloading or running any of the code or programs here.

Re: Greasemonkey Hacking Tool - Made Specifically for HTS

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 am
([msg=77124]see Re: Greasemonkey Hacking Tool - Made Specifically for HTS[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:I lol'd. Necro or not, this was pretty good. SE, creative programming, lulz - this thread has it all.

Thanks, I of course wouldn't have done anything malicous. I set the script to only affect hts, but I could have had this affect any site page you are on like your email and facebook o.0

It's something that is difficult to prevent, yet some security measures can be taken so that if someone does happen to fall into the trap, no truly devistating actions can be taken. I turned myself in with a few little suggestions about some additional security measures that could be put into place.

I don't remember who it was, but someone on these forums may still be lurking around with the following signature:
Hacked by: Ninjex

The point of the matter is, with the wide use of JavaScript, one can easily hide 1 line of code in thousands of lines, and obfuscate it well enough to make it hard to notice/identify. JS is a dangerous kind of beast. As mShred said, be aware of what you are downloading and using. When testing out something JavaScript specific, search for the word: "p,a,c,k,e,d" first to find the nuby kids like me that used a simple online obfuscator, that is easily detectable. This isn't an excuse not to check manually though, as more complex obfuscation is possible; even online. Also, testing it out on the service it's designed for using a dummy account, and then browsing the source code can be a good idea before using it, if the code appeared to be safe for you at first.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Custom Code