Ideas anyone?!

Blackberry devices (phones, Playbook, etc.), their use in secure mobility, and then some

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by aaa12345 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 am
([msg=76679]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Would be great if there were more IRC missions.
aaa12345
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:54 pm
([msg=76681]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Set up IRC without having the retarded situation of having the browser open my client and remove the ridiculous use of your nasty SSL .DLL file pair that you want in the client. BULLSHIT!!!!!!

-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:59 pm --

1 more thing regarding IRC; get rid of the aweful Java IRC client on the main page. I CANNOT believe it is still part of the site. Are you newb trolling?
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:59 pm
([msg=76682]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

daedeluslanthanien wrote:Set up IRC without having the retarded situation of having the browser open my client and remove the ridiculous use of your nasty SSL .DLL file pair that you want in the client. BULLSHIT!!!!!!


You can log into the IRC server directly, there's no need to go through the browser for your client.

Server: irc.hackthissite.org
Default port: 6667
SSL Ports: 6697,7000

Also, you only need to use the DLL if you want to make things easier for you over SSL with mIRC. It's most definitely not a required thing to use.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:03 pm
([msg=76683]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I just noticed one more thing.... The forum notes that I joined in 2009; I joined in 2004 actually.
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 pm
([msg=76684]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

daedeluslanthanien wrote:I just noticed one more thing.... The forum notes that I joined in 2009; I joined in 2004 actually.


In '08 or '09 a new version of HTS was released and the forums reset (as far as I know) which is why you won't find anyone with a join date before then (including administrators like Kage, weekend, or ScrAm).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:08 pm
([msg=76685]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

centip3de wrote:
daedeluslanthanien wrote:Set up IRC without having the retarded situation of having the browser open my client and remove the ridiculous use of your nasty SSL .DLL file pair that you want in the client. BULLSHIT!!!!!!


You can log into the IRC server directly, there's no need to go through the browser for your client.

Server: irc.hackthissite.org
Default port: 6667
SSL Ports: 6697,7000

Also, you only need to use the DLL if you want to make things easier for you over SSL with mIRC. It's most definitely not a required thing to use.


The IRC link does not simply display the IRC info; it actually prompts to open the IRC client. I had to pull the info out of the bitch boxes. Afterwards I tried numerous times to connect to the server and was denied. Upon reading the IRC help I noticed the .DLLs and the instructions really seem like the .DLLs are required. SOOOOOOOO?....... and yes I manually did a 7000 port in the client.
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:21 pm
([msg=76686]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

daedeluslanthanien wrote:The IRC link does not simply display the IRC info; it actually prompts to open the IRC client. I had to pull the info out of the bitch boxes. Afterwards I tried numerous times to connect to the server and was denied. Upon reading the IRC help I noticed the .DLLs and the instructions really seem like the .DLLs are required. SOOOOOOOO?....... and yes I manually did a 7000 port in the client.


As this link states:

That link wrote:Most users are using mIRC, a very nice Windows IRC client. HackThisSite has taken the effort to make using SSL on mIRC a little easier.


Also note that below that it shows how to get it working with X-Chat, something that doesn't require any DLL's, just the '-ssl' flag. Or, you could use IRSSI (like I do) that also doesn't require you to install a DLL for SSL to be enabled.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by mookalovesgloop on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:29 pm
([msg=76687]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

hi guys

i love the idea of a mobile site! mobile web is one of the few ways i can keep a finger on the pulse of the site these days :cry:

also, i would love it if each mission gave a brief explanation of WHY the solution is the solution after you've solved it, that'd be sweet...there are a couple missions that i know how to do because of lucky guesses/firebug, but i have no REAL idea how they work

i totally miss y'all! :D

peace and blessings
mooka
Image
gloop!
User avatar
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 pm
([msg=76688]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

That's fine. I'll use Linux to interact here.

I ran into some issues today as I tried to update my password using my windows box with several different browsers. It was a pain in the ass. A lot of people run Windows. There is no need to impede these people IMHO. Now why am I saying this? When I tried to update my password the account password link would spawn a new tab which brought to Verizons site on numerous occasions without my PW being reset. WTF? You probably made .30 cents off that but really pissed me off. I went over to my Linux machine and finally got that done. Just because you know how to use Linux does not mean that you should be laying Ad-Traps for M$ users. I advocate Linux learning but I NEVER pull that kind of BS.

I really enjoyed the retraction of the .DLL advice by switching to advice to move to Linux :P It is a no-brainer considering the normal impulse of 31337 Linux users to engage in 31337 ass-hattery IMO. There are Linux guys like myself who reject this impulse and casually teach without the flip-flop. The methods that seem to provide guidance to the newbs and the nasty lil Java IRC plugin is actually a very lame way to root their machines, again, IMHO. Java IS trashed, you know it, I know it.

Thank God Jeremy will only get 10 years...... I think he will come back.

I feel like such an old troll, OMG!!!!!!!

daedlanth :twisted:
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:45 pm
([msg=76690]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

daedeluslanthanien wrote:That's fine. I'll use Linux to interact here.

I ran into some issues today as I tried to update my password using my windows box with several different browsers. It was a pain in the ass. A lot of people run Windows. There is no need to impede these people IMHO. Now why am I saying this? When I tried to update my password the account password link would spawn a new tab which brought to Verizons site on numerous occasions without my PW being reset. WTF? You probably made .30 cents off that but really pissed me off. I went over to my Linux machine and finally got that done. Just because you know how to use Linux does not mean that you should be laying Ad-Traps for M$ users. I advocate Linux learning but I NEVER pull that kind of BS.


Wait, what? I just reset my password and didn't get anything remotely similar to that. If this is a reoccurring issue, you should definitely contact someone on the dev team because as far as I know, that shouldn't be happening.

daedeluslanthanien wrote:I really enjoyed the retraction of the .DLL advice by switching to advice to move to Linux :P


I didn't advocate for Linux use, actually. I said that if you didn't feel like installing the DLL (which is recommended, not necessary) that you could try other IRC alternatives that run on Windows such as X-Chat, or IRSSI (though these also run on *nix, I never said you should change your OS just to connect to IRC over SSL).

daedeluslanthanien wrote:It is a no-brainer considering the normal impulse of 31337 Linux users to engage in 31337 ass-hattery IMO. There are Linux guys like myself who reject this impulse and casually teach without the flip-flop. The methods that seem to provide guidance to the newbs and the nasty lil Java IRC plugin is actually a very lame way to root their machines, again, IMHO. Java IS trashed, you know it, I know it.


Just... just... just... wat.

daedeluslanthanien wrote:Thank God Jeremy will only get 10 years...... I think he will come back.


I doubt it.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, either do it over a PM, or IRC (you can find me in #coffeesh0p usually), we're going quite a bit off topic now.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Blackberry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests