fake iphone

iOS-based devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.), jailbreaking, apps, and more.

fake iphone

Post by lp560-4 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:29 am
([msg=51024]see fake iphone[/msg])

so i bought a fake iphone awhile ago from a friend hopeing to but some sort of software on it to make it usable. my only problem-i have no idea how. has anyone successfully done it? i dont have much info on the "phone" itself except it says iPhone / 3Gs and has a removable back cover and removable battery.
lp560-4
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: fake iphone

Post by Goatboy on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:01 am
([msg=51026]see Re: fake iphone[/msg])

lp560-4 wrote:i bought a fake iphone

There's your problem.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by sanddbox on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:06 am
([msg=51033]see Re: fake iphone[/msg])

One time I bought a phone made out of cardboard and duct tape and tried to install some software on it. However, it turned out my hardware was outdated.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by insomaniacal on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:48 am
([msg=51047]see Re: fake iphone[/msg])

lp560-4 wrote:so i bought a fake iphone awhile ago from a friend hopeing to but some sort of software on it to make it usable. my only problem-i have no idea how. has anyone successfully done it? i dont have much info on the "phone" itself except it says iPhone / 3Gs and has a removable back cover and removable battery.

These items are often cheaply made somewhere in East/Southeast Asia, with some half-assed software loaded onto them to sell to tourists. Does it have any way of connecting it to a computer? Start there. A USB connection can give you tons of help. Look into USB Protocol Reverse engineering. You probably won't want to do all the work yourself, so look for names(of anything, model #'s etc).

I'll tell you right off the bat that there's a very small chance anyone has written any custom software for it. If you have the expertise, you might be able to install Android on it, but that depends heavily on it's hardware.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Return to iOS