HTS RADIO?

Radio discussions here on live shows, DJ's and more!

HTS RADIO?

Post by KRL on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:56 am
([msg=62302]see HTS RADIO?[/msg])

Hi everybody. I have been lurking around here for a while now just trying to learn what I can. I am just wondering if the radio project is still active? I had an online radio show years ago and know some of the ins and outs of it. I was planning to start my own (hopefully with a lot of technology and hacking content) but am having a hard time finding people to do shows. I would much rather team up with your station then try to launch one solo. I also would like to do a show like before. I did a mix of talk and music and it dealt with political topics, conspiracies and anything else I found interesting. I have the ability to interviews and take calls live. I would be happy to assist, do a show and give you some assistance on how to keep a station running unattended using automation software I have can donate. Just let me know what I can do.
KRL
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HTS RADIO?

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:21 am
([msg=62306]see Re: HTS RADIO?[/msg])

HTS radio is in motion. You can view what song and how many people are listening right under the HTS mission statement and message to first timers on the main page. I've only actually seen like 2 people on there at most. It's usually just one person here or there.

Not to long ago they were looking for some staff members to fill some vacant positions and "Radio DJ" was one of them. If you have experience and want to do it, fuck it, go for it. Share some ideas. I'll paste the link below that has more info on how to apply.

http://www.hackthissite.org/news/view/599
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Re: HTS RADIO?

Post by KRL on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm
([msg=62315]see Re: HTS RADIO?[/msg])

Cool. Sent in an application. Here is the basic layout of my station when I was setting it up. Cool part is that it takes little monitoring to run it.

I had a pc set up to manage the station. Used SAM broadcaster to stream from that pc to the radio station server relay account that gave me like 100 listeners at once. I don't recall the company but it was only like $20 a month.

I used a Skype account that with the settings to auto answer but only receive calls from friends. Of course I only added friends who were hosts. So when they called in it would ring once and bring them on live with excellent quality. I used a radio automation software that would rotate through music, pre-recorded shows and other random crap when there were no live shows. The automation software was timed to play an mp3 of silence during the time the talk shows were live because the software did not stop playing music during those times. So that was my work around. I linked Skype, the automation software and the SAM broadcaster using a Virtual Audio Cables software. That is pretty much it. I had a fully function, 24/7 radio station that rotated through music, podcasts and live shows on a timer. No attendance needed other than the occasional restart of the stream when there were problems or to update the show/music schedules on the automation software.

It is pretty easy to do and can be set up fairly quickly bar the need to program in all the music and show rotations. I wanted to do commercials too but they were kind of a bitch. Can be done, but takes a lot of work to setup correctly. So there you go and would be happy to assist in getting it setup for you guys if you have the stream available and a pc to use with descent connectivity.

On the
KRL
New User
New User

Return to Radio