Thankyou Acevic.

Discussions on past, current and future HTS lectures and related topics here!

Thankyou Acevic.

Post by edone automaton on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 am
([msg=61499]see Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

I'd like to say thanks to Acevic for putting in the effort to organise his lecture last night.
Acevic, I would have thanked you in person, or at least had a conversation with you but my mic was/is not working and I was denied text privileges.
Its a real shame no one was there, not sure what went wrong, maybe it was because the lecture hadn't been mentioned in a while? I spoke briefly to mShred on irc and he mentioned that a few people he knew of had been caught up in other stuff so wouldn't make it.idk, like I say, its a shame.
Thanks again though.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Thankyou Acevic.

Post by MDYarma on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:31 am
([msg=61500]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

Oh, damn. I am really sorry, I wanted to be there but I simply forgot. I read about it days ago and I didn't mark it in my calendar.... so stupid.

So, I'm sorry: I'd have liked to be there.
MDYarma
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 pm
([msg=61508]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

Yeah a good amount of people had just recently got caught up in things. Also, it had been a while since it was mentioned. Also, miscommunication. I had been trying to talk to acevic for a few days, but being on the opposite sides of the world of him makes that a little hard. There was a lot that could have been done better. I could have, and should have, promoted it more. That way people wouldn't forget or they would have actually known about it.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by goluhaque on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 am
([msg=61510]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

Damn. I shoulda known that the invitation to join the team for a community project was just SE. Fuck.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by acevic on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:51 am
([msg=61513]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:I'd like to say thanks to Acevic for putting in the effort to organise his lecture last night.<br>Acevic, I would have thanked you in person, or at least had a conversation with you but my mic was/is not working and I was denied text privileges.<br>Its a real shame no one was there, not sure what went wrong, maybe it was because the lecture hadn't been mentioned in a while? I spoke briefly to mShred on irc and he mentioned that a few people he knew of had been caught up in other stuff so wouldn't make it.idk, like I say, its a shame.<br>Thanks again though.

Wow...I'm not sure if I am on weed or this is just way too sarcastic...there was no lecture. My ISP pulled the shit flag an is still down whereas I'm currently running on a GPRS backup line...

MDYarma wrote:Oh, damn. I am really sorry, I wanted to be there but I simply forgot. I read about it days ago and I didn't mark it in my calendar.... so stupid.<br><br>So, I'm sorry: I'd have liked to be there.

It's a good thing that you were not there...would have wasted your time.

mShred wrote:Yeah a good amount of people had just recently got caught up in things. Also, it had been a while since it was mentioned. Also, miscommunication. I had been trying to talk to acevic for a few days, but being on the opposite sides of the world of him makes that a little hard. There was a lot that could have been done better. I could have, and should have, promoted it more. That way people wouldn't forget or they would have actually known about it.

mShred this is not going to go like this. We have to reschedule for a second time and carry it out professionally. I'll be on IRC later and talk to you about it.

goluhaque wrote:Damn. I shoulda known that the invitation to join the team for a community project was just SE. Fuck.

That was not SE man...mShred and leroux also know about the project...It's real.

For one thing, this post looks way too sarcastic to me...the lecture never happened and there were only two or three participants present. This needs reorganizing, rescheduling and a much more professional approach...

My sincere apologies to all for any inconveniences caused...
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by goluhaque on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:55 am
([msg=61514]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

Acevic, Sorry for the exaggerated and impulsive response. Apologies.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by edone automaton on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:32 am
([msg=61515]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

:lol: no sarcasm. Though maybe I had too much weed as this puts a different spin on my evening.
What happened from my pov was this: I rocked up at the predetermined time and place (a little later actually, I had to check back a few times) There were five people there including myself, acevic (seemed to be soundchecking at the time :) ) , mShred (recording), kage and Techy. I assumed you were waiting to see who else turned up, but like i say, couldnt communicate with the room. Kage said a few things and then got sick of waiting. I kept checking in every few minutes and when acevic split I assumed it was due to lack of turnout.
So my thanks were genuine, as was my disappointment. I have no agenda, it just is what it is.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by VPR3 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 pm
([msg=61526]see Re: Thankyou Acevic.[/msg])

I appreciate the effort of those who were putting the lecture together. I would have liked to have seen this happen. I have some ideas I'll throw out if you guys try to reorganise this thing.
VPR3
Poster
Poster

Return to Lectures