Basic Mission 11

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 11

Post by edugaspar on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 am
([msg=79221]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

Yep... It all made sense. I was just blind enough to not see what was in front of my face all the time... I was looking to the password but not seeing it... All good now... Thanks for the reply btw.
edugaspar
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by White_Smoke on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:05 pm
([msg=79305]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

So.. I logged in an hour and a half ago to start this mission. It took me 5 seconds to find the login page to the mission. Then I tried to figure out what next... my mind completely blanked at first... then i started to realize what i was looking at. I figured out how to go a bit deeper in the directory structure, until I came to look at an empty page. The first post in this thread was very helpfull, I spend about 45 minutes reading about apache structure and commands. So i finally found what I was looking for.. I thought. Hmmm, it told me i was so close... so close... but I just did not see it. I read the rest of the thread and tada... i saw the light...
Now what is the moral of the story... ? Sometimes I dig so deep to find the solution, to me most of this is new and I just dive in to it... so willingly to learn... and I just don't realize that sometimes all i have to do is look. No more, no less. Lesson learned ;)
White_Smoke
New User
New User

Post by GenericShadow on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:47 pm
([msg=79316]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

The creator of this was clever, I thank you for an extra 20 minutes of facepalm.
GenericShadow
New User
New User

Post by Haunt_ on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:40 pm
([msg=79526]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

Hey guys, So, basically I'm new in this world, and in a couple of hours I got to complete all basic missions up to this one, but right now, I just don't understand how to go forwards, I did find the login page, but I don't know what should I do next. Is there anything specific I should learn in order to complete the mission?

edit: I managed to figure it out. Though I'm upset, I did fall in the temptation of searching for help.
Haunt_
New User
New User

Post by fireflies-dreamer on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:13 pm
([msg=79696]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I am not catching the drift on this one... I've read through the forum numerous times and none of the information provided is giving me any clues.. I can get to the page which prompts for the password and that's it. the hint about the file that controls directory listings etc I understand what file it is but that doesn't mean anything to me - I know the file but I don't see what knowing its existence does for me.. I don't know where its located of if its located where I've looked its not accessible to me.

the clue about the music thing appears to be meaningless to me - I was around in 2001 but I don't have a photographic memory - if it means a certain directory? then I am at a loss as to what else to try, I have tried guessing at various directories, but surely there is something more to it than just random guessing as I have tried obvious guesses and obviously non-obvious guesses are infinite.

is there a different frame of reference that could be more useful as a hint?
fireflies-dreamer
New User
New User

Post by jrsall92 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm
([msg=80183]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I just solved the mission by pure luck, I just guessed stuff and with a google search by mistake I found the answer... I have no idea about what files you were talking, but if it works it works, and yes I know that I should understand what I did, but I need sleep!
jrsall92
New User
New User

Post by i404i on Wed May 07, 2014 11:16 pm
([msg=80595]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

Well, I had to post this finally. I could figure out the login page after reading about the mentioned questions in the first post. But I don't know what to do now. I have read the above posts but could not figure out much other than the fact that I have to somehow find a way to get into the directory . Anyone offer direction / clue?
i404i
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Thu May 08, 2014 6:07 pm
([msg=80614]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

i404i wrote:Well, I had to post this finally. I could figure out the login page after reading about the mentioned questions in the first post. But I don't know what to do now. I have read the above posts but could not figure out much other than the fact that I have to somehow find a way to get into the directory . Anyone offer direction / clue?

Sometimes, it depends on how you slice the pie.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by mersey01 on Fri May 09, 2014 2:54 pm
([msg=80620]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I was really stumped by this mission but thanks to the posts on this thread I finally figured out the first step. After that it was plain sailing. :D Looking forward to doing the realistic missions now
mersey01
New User
New User

Post by ThisIsWAR on Sat May 10, 2014 1:47 pm
([msg=80629]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I'll be honest, I'm still a bit stumped on this mission. I've found both pages, but I can't figure out the answer on the second one.

riddles != myThing
ThisIsWAR
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic