Basic Mission 8

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by Abbrenner on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:14 pm
([msg=79727]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

OK... so it was just a bad choice of commands. Still working on it, but less frustrated now.
Abbrenner
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by d1str0 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:11 pm
([msg=79728]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Abbrenner wrote:I've tried windows, I've tried linux...
Are you talking about commands, or the OS you run it from? The OS you use is not going to have an effect. The commands will, but in the case of this mission, the commands are identical on both systems.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.

You may also know me as fas
d1str0
New User
New User

Post by Estrix on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 am
([msg=79737]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Thanks for the link -Ninjex- very useful. Still stuck, but the link is good lol. I'm finding that message deeply infuriating now though, it's hard to know what exactly is wrong when you can't see what your commands would actually output. Pretty sure I know what I need to do, just can't seem to get it right though.
Estrix
New User
New User

Post by ZephyrMTF on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:11 pm
([msg=79762]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

This mission is frustrating because I feel like the thing I'm trying could possibly work, but its not apparently what the mission is looking for.

Can someone at least give me a hint on this: I got the list of files, and need to come up with a modification of that command that will let me view a file. Should I change the In-The-Quotes part or the After-The-Hashtag part(Im trying to not make it obvious what I'm doing for other new people, but you probably get what I'm saying) in order to get the "correct" command for this? I've tried one of each that I thought might work, but both times I got the "you're on the right track, but change the command" message.
ZephyrMTF
New User
New User

Post by d1str0 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:18 am
([msg=79766]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

ZephyrMTF wrote:This mission is frustrating because I feel like the thing I'm trying could possibly work, but its not apparently what the mission is looking for.

Can someone at least give me a hint on this: I got the list of files, and need to come up with a modification of that command that will let me view a file. Should I change the In-The-Quotes part or the After-The-Hashtag part(Im trying to not make it obvious what I'm doing for other new people, but you probably get what I'm saying) in order to get the "correct" command for this? I've tried one of each that I thought might work, but both times I got the "you're on the right track, but change the command" message.

How do you normally view a file on a web server? How are you currently viewing the mission page?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.

You may also know me as fas
d1str0
New User
New User

Post by Jeye on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:48 pm
([msg=79936]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Finally did it! :) But there's one thing that is strange, but it is hard to explain it without spoiling to much. Here: http://www.w3u.net/w3u/faqs/ssi/ you can find a rule (I use a part that doesn't spoil too much): "SSI commands only accept path names that begin at the server root or are a subdirectory of the directory in which the SSI file is located." Meaning that the solution I finally found wouldn't be that correct if I respected that rule. Or am I wrong?
Jeye
New User
New User

Post by sweetcolongne on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:06 am
([msg=79945]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

desperately got this on screen:

Hi, tshngmww.shtml hipykpqu.shtml ztxdhjxn.shtml avpfeoie.shtml fviqpmaw.shtml kqbybdzc.shtml dzrnmzgx.shtml npcsygfl.shtml whqxxojt.shtml ylomcmvu.shtml uhdppswp.shtml gzntiicx.shtml dzwbqiuu.shtml qvzuieng.shtml smcerykh.shtml qjhnmhmq.shtml znodwztr.shtml!

Your name contains 254 characters.

what more should i learn? help
sweetcolongne
New User
New User

Post by Adrasteia the Inescapable on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:06 pm
([msg=79950]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

You're on the right track. The command you used to get that can also accept a directory name as argument.
Adrasteia the Inescapable
New User
New User

Post by sweetcolongne on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 pm
([msg=79966]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Adrasteia the Inescapable wrote:You're on the right track. The command you used to get that can also accept a directory name as argument.

thax Andrasteia. passed level 8. but the same trick won't help on level 9. what should i learn to pass level 9?
sweetcolongne
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:36 am
([msg=79970]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

sweetcolongne wrote:thax Andrasteia. passed level 8. but the same trick won't help on level 9. what should i learn to pass level 9?

I will help you, as soon as you post in the correct thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10755
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Basic