Basic Mission 7

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 7

Post by Phoeus on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:33 pm
([msg=80326]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Wow this level was so simple. Can't believe I beat my head around so much trying to solve it. :x
Phoeus
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by PKJack123 on Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 am
([msg=80490]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

d1str0 wrote:Imagine you're running this on a command line.

Code: Select all
perl cal.pl <user input>

How would you escape from the cal.pl command and then list the files in that directory?

first i tried the code but it returned "syntax error". am i suppose to view the actual script? because when i viewed the script file, i can only see the output of the actual script! i am sorry if this sounds stupid but what do you mean when you said "escape from cal.pl"? :lol:

[Edit] Haa, solved this motherfugaa!! :idea:
PKJack123
New User
New User

Post by Doc Spacely on Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 am
([msg=80603]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I've got the listening of the directory and i got my hands on that "obscurely named file". There is something in that file that looks like a password but it is not the right one for the mission. :roll:
Doc Spacely
New User
New User

Post by garbagegigo on Sun May 25, 2014 8:31 am
([msg=80983]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Ok. First of all I would like to say one thing. The simulations should be better designed because the easiest way should work and I've noticed problems 5 & 7 do NOT support the easiest solution!

I'm at problem 7 right now and it is driving me crazy that I cannot solve it. Now if this had been in the real world, I would have already solved it but it appears that the simulation only accepts one answer.
garbagegigo
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sun May 25, 2014 10:52 am
([msg=80984]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

garbagegigo wrote:Ok. First of all I would like to say one thing. The simulations should be better designed because the easiest way should work and I've noticed problems 5 & 7 do NOT support the easiest solution!

I'm at problem 7 right now and it is driving me crazy that I cannot solve it. Now if this had been in the real world, I would have already solved it but it appears that the simulation only accepts one answer.

Excuse us all powerful |_|b3r 1337 h4xx0r, our skills and knowledge are subservient to yours. /grovel

It's your attitude that is preventing you from completing this challenge, not flawed design.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by cyberdrain on Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 pm
([msg=80986]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

garbagegigo wrote:Ok. First of all I would like to say one thing. The simulations should be better designed because the easiest way should work and I've noticed problems 5 & 7 do NOT support the easiest solution!

I'd advise you to learn instead of complain. If you already know exactly how it works and you know exactly what you want to achieve, you should be able to finish it easily. Otherwise, go try out 5 different solutions on your 'real world' testing script and once found, try them all. You may PM me with your 5 solutions to show you understand what you did and I might give you a hint (sorry, no spoilers) to let you figure it out.

Also, what limdis said :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TillDeathDoUsPart on Fri May 30, 2014 6:39 pm
([msg=81092]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I've read all of the hints given, have looked at and edited the source, and I still can't even manage to get a list of the files... Not sure if I'm over thinking this or if I'm just dumb, but I've been stuck on this for about a day now :cry:

Nevermind.... figured it out lol
TillDeathDoUsPart
New User
New User

Post by anonymous500 on Sat May 31, 2014 8:56 am
([msg=81105]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I might be doing something wrong, but no matter wat command I put in the year box it returns a blank screen if it's not a year.
anonymous500
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat May 31, 2014 3:46 pm
([msg=81114]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

anonymous500 wrote:I might be doing something wrong...

With that result, probably. You might want to check the thread again and learn what you need :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bobthantos on Sat May 31, 2014 4:11 pm
([msg=81116]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

putting a number in (for a year) gives you the calendars.....now simply putting in a number is not necessarily a command (I could be wrong, just started looking at UNIX stuff about 10 min ago and I'm not good with computer vocab haha)....but think about that

I'm stuck on trying to read the file, I'll get there soon enough!
bobthantos
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic