Basic Mission 7

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 7

Post by Adrasteia the Inescapable on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:16 pm
([msg=79996]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

flipandtwist wrote:I have been able 1) run unix commands, 2) list the directory, 3) see obscurely named file, but when I try to print the contents of that file nothing happens. Using the same command I am able to print the contents of the cal.pl file, but not the contents of any of the php files. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

You don't need to use a command to view the file. There's another way.
Adrasteia the Inescapable
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by JPLuna on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:08 pm
([msg=80028]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Anyone could help me with this mission, its driving me crazy PM please!
JPLuna
New User
New User

Post by JPLuna on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm
([msg=80029]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Adrasteia the Inescapable wrote:
flipandtwist wrote:I have been able 1) run unix commands, 2) list the directory, 3) see obscurely named file, but when I try to print the contents of that file nothing happens. Using the same command I am able to print the contents of the cal.pl file, but not the contents of any of the php files. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

Could you tell me in PM or at least give me a tip
JPLuna
New User
New User

Post by theb3arjew on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 pm
([msg=80037]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

JPLuna wrote:
Adrasteia the Inescapable wrote:

Could you tell me in PM or at least give me a tip

Definitely could use some help as well. I'm trying my best right now, and I'm not looking for a handout, but I'm trying linux commands and I don't know the syntax to implement. Any help would be awesome, apparently 5 pages of people getting help isn't enough for me.
theb3arjew
New User
New User

Post by Variable not Defined on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 am
([msg=80055]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

So, I'm a little comfused. I run linux as my main OS so I know most of the commands. Did a little research and learned the commnads for perl. Not one combintation, I tried ~20 different ways, with not one doing what it's supposed to. I still get a white screen with reference to cal.pl instead of... you get the point I hope. Don't want to test the boundries with what I put here.
Variable not Defined
New User
New User

Post by bagpiperjosh on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:33 pm
([msg=80060]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

so i need a clue...
is the command im looking for listed on this page?

http://www.bath.ac.uk/bucs/tools/unix/basicunixcommands/moreunix.html
900 years of time and space, and I've never met anyone that wasn't important - The Doctor
bagpiperjosh
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:09 pm
([msg=80068]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

bagpiperjosh wrote:so i need a clue... <br>is the command im looking for listed on this page?<br><br>http://www.bath.ac.uk/bucs/tools/unix/basicunixcommands/moreunix.html

Yup, but you should already know that it is. But of course the command alone isn't enough.

Variable not Defined wrote:So, I'm a little comfused. I run linux as my main OS so I know most of the commands. Did a little research and learned the commands for perl. Not one combintation, I tried ~20 different ways, with not one doing what it's supposed to. I still get a white screen with reference to cal.pl instead of... you get the point I hope. Don't want to test the boundries with what I put here.

Reread the thread, there should be enough hints already and check your spelling if English is your first language (if not, don't worry about it). As you run Linux, run the cal command and see what happens, then run another command. Try to do this as efficient as possible. You might even want to recreate the perl script to test it, though it isn't necessary. Think how the input gets used for the output.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by Adrasteia the Inescapable on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm
([msg=80098]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

JPLuna wrote:Could you tell me in PM or at least give me a tip

How did you view the password files in the previous basic missions?
Adrasteia the Inescapable
New User
New User

Post by JetpackD42 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 pm
([msg=80103]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I was able to figure this out, but I came here after words to see if I did it the intended way, which I did not. I may have to redo it so I can learn the technique for times that my method won't work.
JetpackD42
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:00 pm
([msg=80118]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Actually, hacking is about finding the possibilities not intended by the creator. So if you really did this in a completely novel way, that's very good, provided you did this without help of any tools.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Basic