Basic Mission 5

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Post Accidentally Breaking Rules

Post by Cheyanne on Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 pm
([msg=80635]see Post Accidentally Breaking Rules[/msg])

Posted a question and it contained some scripts but I was unaware that it was against the rules and I do not know how to remove this :P
Cheyanne
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Basic Mission 5

Post by limdis on Tue May 13, 2014 7:52 pm
([msg=80684]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:An HTTP referer (no, this is not a misspelling)

Fixed.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by schtompf on Fri May 16, 2014 3:52 pm
([msg=80753]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Hi,

this is about Javascript Injection - ok. But my problem is, how do I do the actual injection in the way this challenge "requires" it ? I think I am not allowed to use firebug. Ok. I can not work with the adress bar as this is not working in newer browser version. So how do I place the code on this page? Any tipp ?
schtompf
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm
([msg=80764]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

schtompf wrote:I think I am not allowed to use Firebug.

Wrong! Well, it's up to you to decide. It just depends on how much you want to learn, using tools in and off itself isn't bad, just not knowing how they work and not learning anything is bad (in my opinion). Also, to understand how Firebug works, read the FAQ here.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Fri May 16, 2014 7:09 pm
([msg=80765]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

schtompf wrote:this is about Javascript Injection - ok. But my problem is, how do I do the actual injection in the way this challenge "requires" it ? I think I am not allowed to use firebug. Ok. I can not work with the adress bar as this is not working in newer browser version. So how do I place the code on this page? Any tipp ?

Using firebug is just fine. You can use it to inject specific strings with it's console feature. You can also click what you want to change and type it in... The second method is what we discourage UNLESS you know how it works. If cyberdrain was to rock the second method from time to time that's cool. I know he knows enough about javascript injections that if he wanted to he could do it through Firefox's built in console (ctrl+shift+k). It's the same with every tool. Tools are great. Not knowing how the tool works is where many new comers make a grave mistake. They get frustrated with harder challenges (ie more realistic) because they didn't get their heads around the basics. Ultimately, not knowing what you are doing and how tools work is how many get into a lot of trouble with the law.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by cyberdrain on Sat May 17, 2014 6:32 pm
([msg=80794]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Couldn't have said it better. Also: that console is great, as are the other built-in web development tools (scratchpad! :D). As a personal preference I still use Firebug more than the console, as I'm more accustomed to it.
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Audio_Nerd_101 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:56 pm
([msg=81146]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Okay, so I believe I have gotten my mind around the concept of how this mission needs to be completed. I know the theory, just having some trouble putting it into practice. When I open my browser console on the mission page, I get the following three errors immediately:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

Any attempt to inject a javascript code results in:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

I know it probably a simple mistake I'm making, but as I'm fairly new to the hacking community and still learning, it would be much appreciated if someone could assist me in my learning. Thanks in advance :)
Audio_Nerd_101
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:10 am
([msg=81159]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

You might want to learn first what the errors mean, after that try to figure out or read how to use the console. Better yet, only rely on tools after you know how they work and why. Might as well start now.
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Foxy_1337 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 am
([msg=81208]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

sql injection dont works on chrome/firefox? With IE it dit work but didnt recieve e-mail??
Foxy_1337
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:09 am
([msg=81209]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

SQL injection should never work in this mission. I think you misunderstood what you did and if it worked, it wasn't SQL injection. Either that or you found a bug that nobody found before (unlikely). My advice would be; learn first what you're doing and why and then try again with the knowledge gained. You should receive the mail then.
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Basic