Basic Mission 4

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 4

Post by gyrfalcongirl55 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:27 pm
([msg=80078]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

I know what I have to do to the HTML to get the necessary result, but I don't know how to get in and alter the code...
gyrfalcongirl55
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:42 pm
([msg=80080]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

gyrfalcongirl55 wrote:I know what I have to do to the HTML to get the necessary result, but I don't know how to get in and alter the code...

This was already answered in this topic previously. See the quote below. Also, please note that asking something that can be easily found is generally frowned upon here, as you may or may not know :)

fashizzlepop wrote:
RandyRedBull wrote:Brand new to the site and HTML so of course I'm having trouble here. Besides saving the page and editing myself, I'm unsure of how to altar the value that needs changed.

Mission 4 is supposed to be solved using the first method you mentioned. 5 has an extra referer check. For 5, I suggest using inline JavaScript.

If this doesn't answer your question, you might want to look into how to use a browser and notepad first ;)
Free your mind / Think clearly
I use the sarcasm color for both sarcasm and irony
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by tollit1 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 am
([msg=80425]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

I too am not receiving the redirected email with password. can we discuss privately?
tollit1
New User
New User

Post by jcon64 on Fri May 02, 2014 10:06 am
([msg=80500]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Okay, i know how to do this one- AND i think i'm starting to understand how the script works. But my main issue is i think my browser is not allowing me to get the password, what browser should i use for this site? im currently using chrome, and firefox wouldn't let me use firebug. :shock:
jcon64
New User
New User

Post by hungrytacos on Wed May 07, 2014 4:59 pm
([msg=80587]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

I got it to send the password to my email, but I'm receiving this error:

Invalid Referer

Invalid referer. The requested URL /missions/basic/4/index.php will not be loaded.
hungrytacos
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Wed May 07, 2014 5:21 pm
([msg=80590]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

tollit1 wrote:I too am not receiving the redirected email with password. can we discuss privately?

You should get the email only if you inserted the mail-address connected to your account, as stated.

jcon64 wrote:Okay, i know how to do this one- AND i think i'm starting to understand how the script works. But my main issue is i think my browser is not allowing me to get the password, what browser should i use for this site? im currently using chrome, and firefox wouldn't let me use firebug. :shock:

You can use any browser in this specific mission, just think of another way to do what you think you should do.

hungrytacos wrote:I got it to send the password to my email, but I'm receiving this error:<br><br>Invalid Referer<br><br>Invalid referer. The requested URL /missions/basic/4/index.php will not be loaded.

That happens if you don't insert the password in the 'correct' form. If you don't know what I mean, look up what a referer is and how it could affect the acceptance of your password.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by hungrytacos on Wed May 07, 2014 5:54 pm
([msg=80591]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

hungrytacos wrote:I got it to send the password to my email, but I'm receiving this error:<br><br>Invalid Referer<br><br>Invalid referer. The requested URL /missions/basic/4/index.php will not be loaded.

That happens if you don't insert the password in the 'correct' form. If you don't know what I mean, look up what a referer is and how it could affect the acceptance of your password.[/quote]

Oh, I forgot I was still in my edited html. Thanks!
hungrytacos
New User
New User

Post by 1253201518 on Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 pm
([msg=80738]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Hi!

I'm fairly sure I've done everything the right way. Used my own adress, the same adress I created this account with. I edited the html myself. Saw the message "Password reminder successfully sent." but got no password either by mail or in the browser. I guess my wrowser is blocking it somehow.
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri May 16, 2014 5:09 pm
([msg=80758]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

1253201518 wrote:I guess my wrowser is blocking it somehow.

I want a wow-ser too, where do I get one? :D

On a more serious note, that's pretty odd. You may PM me with exactly what you did and I'll check what you did with how I finished the mission.

Edit: never mind, seems like you already got it yourself. Good job!
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by freetree on Fri May 16, 2014 9:36 pm
([msg=80767]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

I just *did what I needed to solve the mission.* My question is this is the way to crack this mission?
freetree
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic