Basic Mission 4

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 4

Post by Sander_ on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm
([msg=79618]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

limdis wrote:
HumanityZero wrote:The script in Basic Mission 4 excludes the + in my Mail, so I can't finish it.

This is simulated. You won't actually receive an email (anymore). Just change the value that needs to be changed and you'll be given the information you are after.

I think I have changed the value that needs to be changed and get this message.

Password reminder successfully sent to email@email.com (censored my actual email address)

(Note: If this is not the email address on your HackThisSite profile, no email will actually be sent.)

It is the email I registered with on this website, but no email is actually received. Just wanted to make sure it is working as intended, am I missing something?
Sander_
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Rezlets on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 am
([msg=79626]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

The message looks automated and is thus blocked by some spam filters. Check your Spam or Junk folder to see if it was sent there.
Rezlets
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:04 am
([msg=79629]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Sander_ wrote:I think I have changed the value that needs to be changed and get this message.

Ensure that you changed it. Feel free to pm me your attempt at changing the email value.
Sander_ wrote:It is the email I registered with on this website, but no email is actually received. Just wanted to make sure it is working as intended, am I missing something?

I'm not sure if case sensitivity is needed or not, I would also try that.
If you 'did' change the email value to your registered accounts email before sending the query, then something is indeed wrong. Again, feel free to pm me and I can verify if what you are doing it legitimate.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:08 am
([msg=79630]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Rezlets wrote:The message looks automated and is thus blocked by some spam filters. Check your Spam or Junk folder to see if it was sent there.

No email is actually being sent.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Rezlets on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 pm
([msg=79632]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
Rezlets wrote:The message looks automated and is thus blocked by some spam filters. Check your Spam or Junk folder to see if it was sent there.

No email is actually being sent.

Really? I'm pretty sure I received an email from this mission.

EDIT: Yes, I found the old message it sent me.
sam@hackthissite.org wrote:Subject: Your password reminder

Sam,

Here is the password: 'REDACTED'

Was the mission changed recently?
Rezlets
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:25 pm
([msg=79636]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Sometimes it will send it, sometimes it will simply display the password (assuming the email you entered belongs to you). Recently we updated it so it requires the email address that is attached to your account. It may or may not actually send an email.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by RandyRedBull on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 pm
([msg=79640]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Brand new to the site and HTML so of course I'm having trouble here. Besides saving the page and editing myself, I'm unsure of how to altar the value that needs changed. Any tips?

Edit: I've figured out how to edit it by looking around on the forums, but I feel like using a program is defeating the purpose of the lesson?
RandyRedBull
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 pm
([msg=79644]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

RandyRedBull wrote:Brand new to the site and HTML so of course I'm having trouble here. Besides saving the page and editing myself, I'm unsure of how to altar the value that needs changed. Any tips?

Edit: I've figured out how to edit it by looking around on the forums, but I feel like using a program is defeating the purpose of the lesson?

Mission 4 is supposed to be solved using the first method you mentioned. 5 has an extra referer check. For 5, I suggest using inline JavaScript.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Rezlets on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm
([msg=79648]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Sometimes it will send it, sometimes it will simply display the password (assuming the email you entered belongs to you). Recently we updated it so it requires the email address that is attached to your account. It may or may not actually send an email.

Ah, I see. What determines whether it sends the email or not?
Rezlets
New User
New User

Post by phylumleaf on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:00 am
([msg=79651]see Re: Basic Mission 4[/msg])

Hi,i am new here. And why i can't receive the message? Is it the email address in HTS is username@hackthissite.org?
phylumleaf
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic