Basic Mission 3

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 3

Post by bagpiperjosh on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 pm
([msg=80045]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

could someone please give me a clue as to maybe where in the html tutorials i can read that would help me find the answer?
thanks

nevermind, i figured it out

thanks!
Last edited by bagpiperjosh on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
900 years of time and space, and I've never met anyone that wasn't important - The Doctor
bagpiperjosh
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:06 pm
([msg=80046]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Oh, look, a post especially made for people like you. Could've used the search system or scroll wheel on your mouse you know...

Edit: You should really learn to find information first yourself before asking. In the end the most useful knowledge is that which you've acquired yourself :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by bagpiperjosh on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:24 pm
([msg=80050]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:Oh, look, a post especially made for people like you. Could've used the search system or scroll wheel on your mouse you know...

Edit: You should really learn to find information first yourself before asking. In the end the most useful knowledge is that which you've acquired yourself :)

i cant tell if you are trying to be a jerk or not.. but yea, that's usually how things go for me, i rack my brain over something, then as soon as i ask for help i figure it out,lol... go figure.
900 years of time and space, and I've never met anyone that wasn't important - The Doctor
bagpiperjosh
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:15 pm
([msg=80069]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Let's just say people here frown upon those too lazy to find information themselves. I was being as polite as I could be ;) The way I did the basic, real and extbasic challenges was to never post anything on the forums until after a week I still didn't get it.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by jrmalin99 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:42 pm
([msg=80153]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

I am new to programming in general, but went through the entire HTML tutorial that is recommended, however I am stuck on Basic 3. I moved on to Basic 4 and got it immediately, but am unable to figure out Basic 3. I have found a link that takes me to a wall of text; is this where I should be looking? Is there something else I should learn or go through a tutorial so that this will make sense?
jrmalin99
New User
New User

Post by Adrasteia the Inescapable on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:50 pm
([msg=80253]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

jrmalin99 wrote:I am new to programming in general, but went through the entire HTML tutorial that is recommended, however I am stuck on Basic 3. I moved on to Basic 4 and got it immediately, but am unable to figure out Basic 3. I have found a link that takes me to a wall of text; is this where I should be looking? Is there something else I should learn or go through a tutorial so that this will make sense?

How much text is in this wall? If you found the link I think you found there should only be one line.
Adrasteia the Inescapable
New User
New User

Post by Krain on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:21 pm
([msg=80318]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

I only signed up today but I've been at this for quite a while... (let's just say since this morning) and I can't get it. I'm not really all that familiar with HTML but I've read all these hints and I just don't get it. I'm staring at the code where it says the mission and such but I can't find a single link, clue, etc. on any of this.
Krain
New User
New User

Post by Adrasteia the Inescapable on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:09 pm
([msg=80443]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Are you looking at the form containing the password input box?
Adrasteia the Inescapable
New User
New User

Post by the_Nov on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 pm
([msg=80487]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

I'm stuck on the third one...I was able to do 1 and 2 in about 15 mins but after digging around the forum and the code for a bit I'm pretty stuck. Going by the hints on the forum I think I've found something that I could go with but it's pretty clear that I don't know anything about HTML. I'm going by the w3schools site and while learning HTML is fun I'm not sure how far into these lessons I need to go in order to be able to beat this challenge. How deep into their curriculum do I have to go?
the_Nov
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm
([msg=80519]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

the_Nov wrote:How deep into their curriculum do I have to go?

Wrong approach: learn as much or as little as you want. If you have to ask, you're doing it wrongly :)
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Basic