Basic Mission 3

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 3

Post by Zaytrox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:04 am
([msg=81326]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

PoseidonX007 wrote:I know what the source code is, but I don't know what HTTP post is.

Do you have any way of finding out where the password is kept? And if so, how would you access that?
Basic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)
Realistic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
Zaytrox
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by PoseidonX007 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:11 am
([msg=81327]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Zaytrox wrote:
PoseidonX007 wrote:I know what the source code is, but I don't know what HTTP post is.

Do you have any way of finding out where the password is kept? And if so, how would you access that?

I still don't get it. Could someone explain this to me? I'm new to this, so I don't have any idea of finding out where the password is kept.
When you don't know anything, you should learn. When you think you know everything, you should learn more. When you actually know everything, you are already dead.
PoseidonX007
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 am
([msg=81328]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

First, do you know now what HTTP POST is? If not, read the link, if you do, have you looked at the source? What did you find? Use the resources and keywords in this thread to find out more information by searching the web. If you still don't get it, don't flood the forum, but PM me or go on IRC :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by mindfulloffire on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 am
([msg=81426]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Hey folks.
I'm a total newbie. So please be patient. I'm a pretty quick learner though. I went through the tutorial on W3school and started messing around with the basics. the first 2 i got very quickly but am really struggling with this one and i'm sure it is because i don't know enough about HTML but i don't know that all the things i need to know are in that tutorial.

from what i understood from the hints here is that there is a link somewhere hidden to the password. so i ctrl u to get the source code and start looking through and clicking all the links. no such luck. some links are not clickable so i highlight and put them in the address bar. no luck. so the next idea i had was to really start going line by line through the code. i copied the code into a txt editor and opened it up side by side with it in the browser so i can refresh and see what changes as i change things. So i start at the top and begin deleting elements and seeing exactly what they correspond to on the page. i whiped out the entire document except the password "form" and i really don't see where this hidden password file could be.

so the thing about the HTML tutorial thing is that it shows you how to make the form but it doesn't explain anything about the process of the website checking the password against a file. i also didn't see anything in the tutorial about the "post" method mentioned here. please be patient with me I promise i'm not being lazy. so then i started getting bored and i changed some words in the code for fun.

*code removed*

Thanks!
mindfulloffire
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:52 pm
([msg=81448]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Your post made me grin +1. You are so close you're literally looking at the answer. PM me if it doesn't jump out at you. 8-)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mindfulloffire on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:37 am
([msg=81465]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

ok thanks. :oops:
mindfulloffire
New User
New User

Post by bumby911 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:04 am
([msg=81668]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

It took me around 2 hours looking at these codes until i found the 'obvious' answer.
I was feeling bad that i couldn't get the answer even when i scanned through the codes by searching function and by my eyes,
and i feel even worse when i found the answer....
it is because when i first see the link, i instantly know the solve...
but then i felt 'Nah~ it wont be that easy.' and didn't attempt that
so this is how i feel now ----> :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: ....
bumby911
New User
New User

Basic Mission 3

Post by BelleBlue0 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:14 pm
([msg=81886]see Basic Mission 3[/msg])

So I am just starting to learn about hacking and HTML and PHP so I would appreciate any insights or tips. But I am really stuck on this level. I moved on and have passed a couple more levels but it is bugging me that I can't seem to get this one yet. So any hints would be greatly appreciated and also if anyone could recommend and good sites that help you learn more about the different codes that would be amazing! Thank you! :)
BelleBlue0
New User
New User

Post by akorshikai on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 pm
([msg=81889]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

There's something interesting in the <Form>. Focus your research there, hopefully that'll point you in the right direction - without giving away too much...
akorshikai
New User
New User

Post by -PL4GUE- on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:00 am
([msg=81995]see Re: Basic Mission 3[/msg])

Wow. I just figured it out. I knew what I was looking at the whole time, I just didn't know what to do with it, and now I finally realized it was so damn simple.
-PL4GUE-
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic