Ideas anyone?!

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by TheTechBrony on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 am
([msg=84885]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:...I recall someone saying that if anyone wanted to be the DJ, they could be. Are you volunteering, TheTechBrony?

Oh, yes, I am. I've been looking for opportunities to DJ on the Internetz before taking to the radio.

-- Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:53 am --

cyberdrain wrote:While I'm hesitant to shoot down a good idea, please consider the implications of what you're asking: what is it you would want to hear, what would be done there and who should do it? Aside from those practical problems, I see no reason not to start it up again.

Your concerns are, of course, very valid. We should probably start a poll concerning the content. Then, we'd have to find a host site to have the audio-stream on. I'd be glad to take on whatever early responsibilities there are with starting the station that haven't already been assigned/taken. If anybody volunteers, all positions are open.
Portal is love.
Portal is life.
The cake is a lie.
Goomy has nothing to do with lines 1 & 2.
TheTechBrony
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:54 pm
([msg=84907]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Then, by all means, don't let me stop you :D
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by IDNeon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:11 pm
([msg=86347]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

mShred wrote:Alright. So my boys fas and spaux(IRC guy) have been doin work on the dev situation. We've finally got a solid dev workflow rolling. With that, it's time to start pushing out updates/fixes/new shiz/happiness. So that said, if you've anything you'd like to see happen with HTS, let me hear it.
This could include a wishlish kind of thing, say a mobile site or forum/site integration. But what I'm really looking for is the small things. Any kind of quick fix, quick addition or whatever. Idea for a new layout? Throw it out here. 404 on a link? Post that here.
Ideas, ideas, ideas. Anything you guys have, I wanna hear it. However big, however small. We're in the reconstruction phase of HTS. With enough ideas, we can start working ourselves toward v5 phase HTS. So let me hear what you guys have got.

I'd like to see more webpages and member areas that are only accessible BY hacking.

It's one thing to have missions, but it'd be cool if like a secret society you could only access a deep message board somewhere i you knew how to hack it. Make them also beginner, middle, expert levels.
IDNeon
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:49 pm
([msg=86361]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

IDNeon wrote:I'd like to see more webpages and member areas that are only accessible BY hacking.

It's one thing to have missions, but it'd be cool if like a secret society you could only access a deep message board somewhere i you knew how to hack it. Make them also beginner, middle, expert levels.

If only something like that existed...
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Olbrack on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:15 pm
([msg=87752]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Hello,

Is there anyway to change language on the website ?
Olbrack
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm
([msg=87753]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Olbrack wrote:Hello,

Is there anyway to change language on the website ?

We haven't ported our site to other languages. Have you tried using a translating service? Google can offer some help there to make things easier.
For those about to hack, I salute you.
teehee
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by beform3 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:13 pm
([msg=88394]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Hi, I hope I can still post on this topic for an idea... anyway.

I was looking for books in the specific forum and I think you can make a survey for books. Votes of members with a really high rank in users ranking are higher than votes by members like me that have a really low rank.
I think in this way we can have a list of books ranked by hackers.
What do you think?
Cheers
beform3
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:27 pm
([msg=88404]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:
IDNeon wrote:I'd like to see more webpages and member areas that are only accessible BY hacking.

If only something like that existed...

beforem3 wrote:Hi, I hope I can still post on this topic for an idea... anyway.

I was looking for books in the specific forum and I think you can make a survey for books. Votes of members with a really high rank in users ranking are higher than votes by members like me that have a really low rank.
I think in this way we can have a list of books ranked by hackers.
What do you think?
Cheers

Well apart from recommending you check out the books subforum, This isn't a bad idea, thing that jumps out at me though is that when I look on amazon for books, I will check the star rating, no doubt. But I pay more attention to the qualitative reviews people have given, which is what you will find in the books sub forum.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by RiptideTempora on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:23 am
([msg=88405]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I would like to see cryptography related challenges (i.e. exploiting side-channels such as timing attacks). I can help write some if need be :)
RiptideTempora
New User
New User

Post by Thanksgiving Paltry on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:02 pm
([msg=88516]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Well, one thing I would add is a more professional looking theme. It's nothing against you guys, but it just looks unprofessionally dark. I know this website is supposed to be educational, but to be taken seriously in that respect you kinda have to look the part.
Thanksgiving Paltry
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic